Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Zanoryt

Re: Radio stations no longer work

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

FrankB wrote:
I have been in contact with Roku. As it stands, it is not possible to restore RadioRoku as it was. Portions of the system have been lost and there are no known backups. I have been maintaining the database since 2009 so this is sad news to me.

But there is a path to move forward, I'm just not sure of the amount of effort it would take and how many users there are that would benefit. There is a "good chance" that if we as a community can come up with a replacement system, Roku will point the RadioRoku domain to the community solution.

Frank,
I share the same disappointment.
I would be willing to help. I've built hundreds of dynamic websites over the years, and continue to do so in a very professional capacity. My time is limited, but my love for Roku devices is strong. I really wish we had access to the firmware too, since there are a lot of glaring issues. Did Roku say anything about possibly opening that up when you spoke to them?
Also, I have been thinking about a little project that would make my SoundBridges more useful again. I would love to be able to use them to act as displays for the whole house Sonos deployment I have. I can pull from the Sonos in the corresponding room to get status, titles, etc.

FrankB

Re: Radio stations no longer work

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:59 am

Opening up the firmware is prevented by 3rd party licensing. Roku could release their code if they wanted to but that's not all that's in the firmware.