Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

kiinkiin
Topic Author

How to stream WMA Lossless from Linux?

Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:19 pm

[size=100][font=-apple-system, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]All my music is in WMA Lossless format. I can stream from XP via WMC, but I want to use my Linux server instead because the Linux machine is in the basement and always on. 

I haven't lurked in these forums for a while. 

What's the latest and greatest way to stream WMA Lossless from Linux to the M1000? 

I had mt-daapd on linux streaming the WMA lossless just fine, but I had to upgrade the linux os and then it stopped working. The issues was with mplayer. mt-daapd uses mplayer to convert it to WAV format and pipe to wavstream, but it had to use a special hacked version of mplayer with the -silent option. That hacked version I have now doesn't run on the upgraded linux and won't compile/build either. The newer mplayer doesn't have the -silent option so mplayer spits out a tonne of text which doesn't work when it pipes the output to wavstream. I'm kind of getting tired of tinkering with it. There's gotta be a better way, but I'm not seeing it. 

I had a brief look at firefly but it's actually just mt-daapd with [font=-apple-system, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]a new name.
[/font]
[/font][/size]

FrankB

Re: How to stream WMA Lossless from Linux?

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:37 am

I don't use WMA lossless but I do use Twonky Server on Linux and it does support WMA. They have a free trial so you can verify.