Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

patainsworth
Topic Author

Soundbridge M1000 2?'s Wifi Connection and PC application

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Have had my Soundbridge for years.  Two issues: (1) the PC I had the application loaded on, is long gone.  Where can I download the app on my new PC or my new Mac?
(2) Just upgraded my Xfinity internet router to a Dual-Band Wifi 802.11ac XB3, have retained my tp-link AC1200 wifi unit.  After I installed the new Xfinity router, although the Soundbridge could still see the network "Petey", it would not accept/recognize the password (which does still work for other wireless units in the house.  Help appreciated. 

FrankB

Re: Soundbridge M1000 2?'s Wifi Connection and PC application

Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

1) There are multiple applications, do you know the name of the one you were using?

2) The Soundbridge supports 2.4GHz only. I believe the M1001 supports WPA encryption only so you may have to allow fallback from WPA2. If you truly have an M1000 (wires under the endcaps), then your best option would be a wired connection, if that's not possible, then a wifi ethernet bridge that supports WPA2 could be used.

46jimbo

Re: Soundbridge M1000 2?'s Wifi Connection and PC application

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:57 am

I use a wired connection with a Powerline setup (It uses the electrical wires of your home for connection.) This solved my problems of outdated wireless encryption and also slow speeds that caused buffering.  A lower end Powerline kit is not expensive.