Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

46jimbo
Topic Author

Radio stations no longer work

Sat May 19, 2018 2:31 pm

As of a couple of days, I can't connect to any radio stations. None of my Favorites or Presets will play:-). However, I can play my music library which is stored on a network drive. It makes no difference whether I connect via wifi or cable connection. The internet connects, but no radio stations will play.

I swapped in another Soundbridge that I have in reserve and I get exactly the same result.

Any ideas?

zechf

Re: Radio stations no longer work

Sun May 20, 2018 3:46 am

Hi,

I confirm I'm having the exact same problem since May 17th. It's seems to be related to the Soundbridge itself because I have an extra Logitech Squeezebox which works fine.
I have done some research about the network connection to no avail. (fixed IP address vs DHCP)
I have reflashed the firmware, cleared all settings and still the same issue.
What is the make and model of your router ? (I have an Asus RT-AC68U).

46jimbo
Topic Author

Sun May 20, 2018 7:06 am

My router is a TP-Link C7. I can listen to the same stations through my Marantz receiver. Has Roku killed its radio service?

46jimbo
Topic Author

Sun May 20, 2018 8:10 am

I just spoke to a friend in another city (Canada) and he has the same problem. Is the party over?

zechf

Sun May 20, 2018 9:26 am

Well I'm located in France and I still see my Soundbridge getting the names of the 10.000+ internet stations, even if it can't connect to them, so I think the server is still up and running.

When you connect to any radio station, do you get the "Re-try" message with the Numbers incrementing ?

By the way, is your software level 3.0.44 ? It might be irrelevent but this version is exactly 10 years old…

I'll try the beta 3.0.52 which is a couple of months younger and let you know...

zechf

Sun May 20, 2018 10:32 am

The 3.0.52 is no longer available.

I've also tried moving the Soundbridge one year in the past but still the same.

I've also been to RadioRoku.com to emulate the way the Soundbridge might work. And when I select one of my usual internet radio, I get the following error message :

[size=150][size=200]403 ERROR[/size][/size]

[size=150][size=175]The request could not be satisfied.[/size][/size]
[hr]
[size=120]Request blocked.[/size]
[hr]
Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: Uj_7mD2GzFR-xwl6zHlCLywrnO1v65GRGelRK26wGrEyry_JWuFsWQ==

So maybe we're facing problems with rights on the roku server and that could explain why the Soundbridge is constantly re-trying ?

theetje67

Sun May 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Same happened here ,just did buy the soundbridge here and had it running for 2 day's ..
At Saturday morning noting worked anijmore and the soundbridge keeps trying to connect to station . 
well when servers are down i just hope it is temporarly .. so not we all are sc... :oops:

Greetings  Theo 

paoloburatti

Mon May 21, 2018 5:42 am

Hello,
same behaviour here.
Since one week cannot stream any url from the internet...what's wrong??

JohnDejonette

Mon May 21, 2018 9:58 am

With all these reports echoing my initial one I fear that the problem lies with the Roku Server.  I suspect that Roku has decided to shut down their Server. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has had any success playing their favorite stations by logging into their account on radioroku.com. I have no problem logging in but clicking on any of my Favorites and  then clicking on the "Play on my Mac" does not connect to any station. Does any Forum member have a current telephone number or email address to contact Roku? I'd like to believe that Roku still provides an internet connection for their old but excellent SoundBridges.

Since the display on my Soundbridge M1001 displays the current date and time and, after a Factory Reset all my Favorites are still present I question if My M1001 is a fault. Particularly since so many others are reporting the same issue.

zechf

Mon May 21, 2018 10:32 am

Hello JohnDejonette,

Same behaviour for me. I can connect to radioroku and access my favorites but when I try to play them on my PC I get a "403 error" with a "Request blocked" message.

Any Roku member watching these forums ??

tdad1811

Mon May 21, 2018 11:46 am

Hey Roku,

My Soundbridge M1000 that has been working for years recently stopped connecting to stations.  I get "Connecting to Station (Retrying 9845)".  Seems like a lot of us are getting the same issue.  What's up?

steppi

Mon May 21, 2018 3:44 pm

All streamlinks are deleted from the database. That is the problem. Only the presets you edited by the webinterface are alive.

Why Roku???
--
cu
steppi

paoloburatti

Mon May 21, 2018 3:47 pm

That's definitively a Radioroku problem, direct url edited presets are workinfg fine.
Roku are you listening?

dupondt

Tue May 22, 2018 12:58 am

steppi wrote:
All streamlinks are deleted from the database.

I can confirm that all audio URLs were deleted or vanished for some other reason. Only Roku can fix that.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

jimwilks

Tue May 22, 2018 8:30 am

Same problem here for all 3 of my Soundbridges.  Anyone know where we can go from here?