Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

JimF
Topic Author

Guess what? Mute again on power-up

Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:00 pm

After sitting idle for over a week, my M1001 was muted again on power up. The display was working fine, and a station was apparently playing OK, but no sound through the analog outputs. Curiously, merely unplugging the DC power plug from the M1001 did not solve the problem. I had to unplug the AC adapter and plug it in again before it started working.

I am using 2.7.78 firmware, and thought we left those problems behind with the last upgrade, but apparently not. This is how the problem occurred for me before, but then I only had to leave it off overnight for the mute occur, while now it seems a week or more is required, so I suppose that is progress of sorts.

guysivey

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:24 am

Same problem here. I haven't tried power cycling just the DC - I always do it at the mains, so can't comment about that approach.

TJ

Sat May 05, 2007 10:58 pm

I'm still getting it too, but a lot less often with the 2.7.78 firmware. It's gone from being "annoying" down to just a "quirk". It happens only once every few weeks (of heavy use) now, but recently it happened twice in the same day.

This sounds analog. Do I have a capacitor or something that's out-of-spec (or edge-of-spec maybe) in there somewhere? I'd love to hear a technical summary of what's going on there; I'm curious.

Bazzeer

Sun May 06, 2007 6:24 am

I'm still getting the mute problem a lot on radio, firmware 2.7.78, music from the PC seems OK. Power cycling the DC makes the sound return. I'm connected using the digital coax.

I've just changed to the 3.0.24 firmware to see if things improve.