Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

rabbit
Topic Author

XM Radio

Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:52 pm

Does anyone have experience with playing the XM Internet streams thru the SoundBridge? I am able to play XM streams only when I am logged on to XM, so I figure that the XM server sees that I'm logged in and therefore will send the stream to my SoundBridge. Once I am logged off it will not. I'm thinking that if I can send my log on credentials to XM via the SoundBridge then I would then not need to be logged in on my computer. Is that possible? Thoughts anyone?

cwaz

Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:09 pm

You can use this URL format. Substitute your XM online credentials in the URL and the channel number you want to listen to. Only the channels available on XM online will work.

http://www.xstreamxm.com/mobile/stream. ... speed=high

rabbit
Topic Author

XM Radio

Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:30 pm

Wow....it works! Thanks so much!!! Now for extra points, any idea how to get the title and artist to read out on the SoundBridge with the XM stream, or is that asking for too much? :wink:

MLZ

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks, I also added the URL to my favorites so I can play XM via Media Player and not have to change the settings to "SPEED=HIGH" when at my desktop.

rabbit
Topic Author

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:18 pm

What does "Speed=High" mean?

Wondercow

Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:36 pm

rabbit wrote:
What does "Speed=High" mean?

On the page to which you linked there is a drop-down selection for "speed". The choices are "Low" or "High".
~Moo!
-----------------------
iTunes, iPod, iMac, iPhone, not Itunes, IPod, IMAC, iphone
MAC = Media Access Control while Mac = a brand of computers

MLZ

Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:21 am

Looking at Properties of the XM Stream in WMP 11, Low = 32 kbps and High = 64 kbps, neither of which could be called "CD Quality"

rabbit
Topic Author

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:25 pm

With the merger of Sirius and XM this no longer works. I can get XM to play on my Soundbridge using the Roku Snooper when running (& logged into) XM online, but not otherwise. Does anyone have a new way of playing XM thru the Soundbridge when not logged into XM via a PC?

worshipthe1

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:28 am

rabbit is right. this worked flawlessly before the merger and now it will not. it took me two weeks to even get their online player to work. i intend to call and see if XM can answer this question today. if i get anywhere with them, i'll post a reply.

Sully77

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:42 am

The update would be appreciated. I've also been experiencing this problem for the past week or 2.

worshipthe1

Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:49 am

phoned tech support... that tier of tech support did not even have the foggiest idea of what i was talking about. i was instructed to send an email, which i have done. i'm sure this is something that the "real" technical support people will be able to address that the first tier of phone bank support wasn't. hopefully they will not completely disable the streaming outside of their own player. i'll keep you posted with my findings.

rabbit
Topic Author

Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi worshipthe1,
Unfortunately I don't think this is something that XM would handle. It's kind of a work-around thing. We just need some smart techie out there to give us the new URL of the stream. Anyone?....Anyone?

AmazinglySmooth

Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:32 pm

A less than ideal solution is to use uXM. XstreamXM was awesome.

ciardi74

Streaming XM

Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:42 am

I tried to get ahold of XM tech support and the lower level is of no use, waiting for call back from someone higher up...

I am no techie here but when I tried the old "xstreamxm.com/mobile" URL that is typically posted on these forums (through my browser - not through by soundbridge), I could not get it to work either.

I tried the other login procedue through the xm website and it worked fine on my computer. I viewed the programming script of the page and got the following URL to work as a direct link through browser only:

http://player.xmradio.com/hotstream/met ... ner=XMROUS

This would not however work when programmed into the soundbox! Like I said, I am no programmer or techie so this is as far as I got...

ciardi74

streaming xm

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:37 am

Have yet to find anyone at XM technically proficient enought to answer my questions... waiting for another call back!