Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bodgery
Topic Author

HELP ME PLEASE - SOUNDBRIDGE OR PHOTOBRIDGE

Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:40 pm

Hi there all!

I have a Soundbridge M2000 on order, but I'm having second thoughts. But I like the look of the Photobridge...here's my problem...

At the moment, music is my main concern. I've got my library in reasonable shape - mostly WMA lossless, with some WMA 192K and MP3 128K stuff.

Some quick questions to you experts out there:

1) Assuming I use the digital output, would there be any difference in sound quality between the two devices?

2) I like the idea of using a TV (I'm in the UK, so it's PAL not NTSC) to navigate around my music library - more lines to see at once, better than 4 lines on the M2000. Is it really this simple? any drawbacks over an M2000?

3) Why would I buy an M2000 over a Photobridge, if I'm using digital out anyway??? don't need the on-board DAC, as I'll use my Denon 2805 Amp? The photobridge seems to offer loads more, in terms of other media streaming and pics...

4) I understand WMA lossless / WMA is not yet supported on the photobridge - when will this be implemented?

Help me please - I'm very CONFUSED!!!! Just want to know what I'll loose out on if I take the photo over the sound model.

Thanks

Bodgery

rvacha

Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:44 pm

The PB won't support WMAL until it supports UPnP and there is no hint as to when that might get accomplished. In theory the SB fits your needs the best but it has a nasty habit of randomly butchering music and there is no hint as to when this will get fixed. My recommendation: Hold off on any purchase for a while

vs

Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:12 pm

rvacha,

What do you mean by "randomly butchering music"? I have run thousands of tracks through my M1000 and never had a single problem.

grommet

Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:33 pm

It's a well documented issue: http://www.rokulabs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=521 (title isn't exactly the problem)

And we've been waiting for a fix for a long time...