Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jeremymorel
Topic Author

Is my M1001 Dead?

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:19 am

I used to be the proud owner of two M1001's. One at my office, and one at home. (I've recommend them and sold them to at least a dozen people too!)

While setting up for the holidays at home, I went to turn on my M1001 and nothing -- Nothing showed on the screen, no sound came out of my System... The light on the ethernet port seemed to flash as if I was getting network activity, but I couldn't reach the soundbridge on the network via HTTP or Telnet.

The screen brightness controls didn't do anything either -- bummer!!

Is my soundbridge dead? If so, are there any kind souls from Roku that feel like performing a new year's miracle? I adore my soundbridge(s), and it's become a staple in my house... it's like losing a family member!

PLEASE (pretty please!!) tell me that I don't have to spend another $200! :(

Burkhardi

Re: Is my M1001 Dead?

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:30 am

Hello and welcome to the forums.
I'm just a forum member, but have had good luck with the SOundBridge (repairs).

You may be lucky and it be a bad wall wart. Can you (or perhaps you have already) use the wall-wart from the working M1001 and see if the "dead" unit works?
They are both true M1001's with connections on the back that use 5vDC wall-warts, right?

Regards, Matt

jeremymorel wrote:
I used to be the proud owner of two M1001's. One at my office, and one at home. (I've recommend them and sold them to at least a dozen people too!)

While setting up for the holidays at home, I went to turn on my M1001 and nothing -- Nothing showed on the screen, no sound came out of my System... The light on the ethernet port seemed to flash as if I was getting network activity, but I couldn't reach the soundbridge on the network via HTTP or Telnet.

The screen brightness controls didn't do anything either -- bummer!!

Is my soundbridge dead? If so, are there any kind souls from Roku that feel like performing a new year's miracle? I adore my soundbridge(s), and it's become a staple in my house... it's like losing a family member!

PLEASE (pretty please!!) tell me that I don't have to spend another $200! :(
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

SuzieQ

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:35 am

The power supplies of these units have the tendency to die. Please verify that the power supply is putting out the correct voltage (5V DC, 1.5 A). A replacement can usually be found at a local electronics store. Just make sure the the polarity of the DC plug is correct.

jeremymorel
Topic Author

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:58 am

Hi All.

I should have mentioned, I did try the ac adapter from the working SB just to be sure. it didn't make a difference. As I noted, even with the supplied AC adapter, the network lights near the ethernet inlet flash, but I get no screen activity

alanmc

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 am

Hi jeremymorel

Check your in-box for some worthwhile advice !