Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Topic Author
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Soundbridge & ALAC

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:27 pm

I've been streaming WAV files from my server to my SB and it's worked fine. Recently I've converted some of my files into ALAC. The SB sees the folders on the server (artist & album) but doesn't see any music files within the folders. Any suggestions?
Posts: 1035
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:11 am
Location: Cambridgeshire, UK

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:17 pm


What did you use to convert?

If you used iTunes, some users have had problems with some more recent versions when trying to play the resulting files. I use dBpoweramp Reference version 13 to do this and have no trouble at all (around 10,000 files, including English, European and Chinese language tags). The trick with dBpoweramp is to run the optimiser after conversion so that the file is optimised for streaming.

Hope this helps.

Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i
Topic Author
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:15 pm

I did use Itunes to create the ALAC files. I used Itunes to rip the music from CD's. I'll try using another program to see if that solves the issue.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests