Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

unwired
Topic Author

wireless network card failed

Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 am

My Soundbridge 1000 suddenly decided it did not want to boot up. After troubleshooting I found that removing the wireless card allowed it to boot, and further investigation shows that wired ethernet works fine.

Has Soundbridge ever replaced wireless card? I have had a case open for more than a week yet they continue to ignore my email messages. Is this a known problem that Soundbridge is avoiding, or is customer support really this bad?

Thanks in advance.

SuzieQ

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:19 am

Forget about the Roku wireless card and connect the M1000 via a Ethernet cable to a wireless bridge and you are back in the business.

unwired
Topic Author

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:39 am

Yes, but I purchased a wireless-capable device that has now failed. I am not interested in purchasing another piece of hardware to make what worked at one time functional.

That said, I may be moving to another manufacturer's solution, given that Roku has decided that my case has yet to acknowledge either of the support cases I have raised. It is now 13 days, and no support from Roku.

alanmc

Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:08 pm

@ Bob

We have a saying here in the UK > "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink" -

Don't it make you wonder why you wanted to help them :wink: