Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

mintfresh
Topic Author

Woken up to a completly dead Soundbridge (R1000)

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:15 pm

I've had my Soundbridge just over a year, and its been working fine, plugged in nearly most of the time in the kitchen.

Anyway, this morning I have woken to find it appears to have died over night, the screen is blank, and dosn't appear to respond to button presses.

I've tried changing the power cable (used one from my PS2) but it didn't help.

So, what are my options?

I've had a quick look round the forums, I think most of the talk is about M1000 though.

Should I contact Roku? Or I see some people on this forum do repairs? Is that the better option?
How much am I looking at to get this fixed?

SuzieQ

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Go to the SoundBridge Radio General Discussion forum and you will see how many people have had problems with their R1000 power supply. :shock:

Try to contact RokuLyndon and see if he is willing to help you out. Or ...

"But there are folks who will help with out of warranty repairs - the main ones being prior posters to this very thread. They are burkhardi (aka Matt) located in the US, and g0pkh (aka Pete) here in the UK. Each has successfully repaired quite a number of units." ... S80_UK, http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=195

mintfresh
Topic Author

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:37 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I am based in the UK, so ideally being able to send it someone based here would be the best option.

Another thing I wondered. My radio is actually branded by Pinnacle, although says 'Roku' when it boots up.

Should I deal with Pinnacle for any repair requests?

Burkhardi

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:57 pm

mintfresh wrote:

Should I deal with Pinnacle for any repair requests?

Ping Alanmc about this, there is some speical two year warranty period in the UK or somethign like that. He can explain, so if it's less then two years old, you should be covered. If not, then ping g0pkh (pete) for a repair in the UK.
Hope this was helpful, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

alanmc

Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:01 pm

@ mintfrest

See my response dated 1st March to you at http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=19892

Cheers, Alan

BTW - for more info, send me a PM