Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

ismarketing
Topic Author

Firefly+WD WorldBook+Roku+Apple Lossless=HELP

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Here's a strange one for you:

I just got one of the new "white light" WD World Book NAS drives. I'm moving my 160gig itunes library to it. I have 5 Roku Sounbridges (all running the latest 3.52 FW) that will access the library.

Here's the problem - So far, I can only get one of the Soundbridges to playback Apple Lossless files stored the World Book. The others report back "unable to play file" messages. Mp3's play just fine. How can I get my other soundbridges to play these lossless files and/or what and where should I look for clues about why they play on the one soundbridge?

I don't know if this means anything, but when I log into firefly from my browsers it shows firefly running buy Bonjour disabled. I find this odd since all of the Roku's and computers in the house find the NAS and the music folder, and mp3's play fine.

Thanks!

S80_UK

Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Hmm... I haven't seen that problem before (I use Apple Lossless too). First thought was firmware, but you say they're all on 3.0.52 so that should be OK. I'm stumped on that one for the moment.

Don't worry about the Bonjour message - it's a Firefly "feature". If the units connect and play MP3s (even if they don't all play Apple Lossless) then that much is working fine.

Are you running Firefly on the WorldBook, or just accessing that from another machine which is running Firefly?
Roku M1000, M1001, M2000, R1000, Roberts WM-201, Stream 83i

ismarketing
Topic Author

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:12 am

Thanks for your help - Firefly is running on the WorldBook.