Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

alanmc

Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:09 am

SAW THIS RECENTLY: NetBook Users - Install Windows 7 from a USB stick

http://www.on10.net/blogs/sarahintampa/ ... Windows-7/

This will be more convenient to use with a NetBook if you need to reinstall things.
At the release date, IMO this is certainly worth the investment in an 8 or 16Gb USB stick (pen-drive) for all NetBook owners :wink:

alanmc

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:33 am

No, this is NOT Spam !!!

If like me you found that you've got the task of installing several copies of Windows 7, then I'm sure you'll find this link most helpful, and it will most certainly speed-up the whole process: http://ninite.com/

mattyr1

Soundbridge can't find licences

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:12 am

I'm using Windows 7. Have managed to connect my soundbridge over my wireless network and it is able to see all the music files served by WMP12, however, the soundbridge fails to find the licences for my DRM protected Napster tracks. WMP12 can play them fine on my computer. I've installed the 64bit version of Windows 7 if this makes any difference. I'm sure its probably some setting I haven't clicked on somewhere but am at my wit's end trying to figure it out. Any clues?

mattyr1

Soundbridge can't find licences

Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Panic over. Turned out to be a quirk of AVG firewall. Was so horribly complicated to fix that it inspired me to install a different firewall. Now working perfectly.

Alackman

Pinnacle soundbridge M400 and windows 7

Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Please can someone help me - I have two M400 which used to be connected to xp and worked fine - just boiught a new pc with windows 7 64bit and cannot get the soundbridges to recognise a library - Windows 7 finds the soundbridges in network devices and have clicked allow and evrything else |I can think off to share media files. Could anyone help me get them working please? when I fire up a lap top with xp still on it usinf the same router settings they connect fine!

jjaf

Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi Alackman
Try a library restore in WMP12: Press Alt for the menu, then Tools, Advanced, Restore media library. You will have to switch on Streaming again afterwards.
R1000, M400, M1001

Alackman

Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:37 pm

jjaf wrote:
Hi Alackman
Try a library restore in WMP12: Press Alt for the menu, then Tools, Advanced, Restore media library. You will have to switch on Streaming again afterwards.

Thank you for this, Just tried it and after it taking I dont know how many hours to restore media library - still no joy. When I click on the "no Librarys" it tells me that the connection settigns may be wrong (which I know that they are not as works with lap top) or that my music server isnt switched on? I cant work out what to do - any more help would be greatly appreciated

jjaf

Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:57 am

How are the XP and Win7 PC's connected to your network, wired or wireless?
What is the make and model of your router?
R1000, M400, M1001

mattyr1

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:53 am

Hi Alackman

Don't know if you have tried this - I had problems publishing my library in windows 7. Soundbridge could talk to Windows Media Player but WMP was only reporting the 3 freebie tracks and none of my library. I had to right click on the library folder and select properties>security then select WMPNetworkSvc from the list, then click on the box to edit permissions, then click the 'allow' check boxes for 'read & execute', ' list folder contents', and 'read' then Apply. Soundbridge could then see the folder. I had to change my firewall before Soundbridge could actually play the files so it may be worth turning your firewall off temporarily to test whether this is getting in the way.

Alackman

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:03 am

jjaf wrote:
How are the XP and Win7 PC's connected to your network, wired or wireless?
What is the make and model of your router?

Xp is wireless and win 7 wired however when I had xp on main computer this was also wired with same router and all worked fine. The router is buffalo Air Navigator WHR-HP-G54

with regards to other post from mattyr1, I am trying this now and the permisions are slowly going through each track - will elt you know how I get on with this -

Alackman

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:31 am

mattyr1 wrote:
Hi Alackman

I had to right click on the library folder and select properties>security then select WMPNetworkSvc from the list, then click on the box to edit permissions, then click the 'allow' check boxes for 'read & execute', ' list folder contents', and 'read' then Apply. .

Tried but sadly no joy...have also tried with no firewall and still no libraries found on soundbridge. I cant figure it out. Any other ideas anyone?
Last edited by Alackman on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

dupondt

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:55 am

Alackman,

does WMP list all your music files? Are the files stored locally or on an external drive? Can you send music files to the SoundBridge from WMP?

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

Alackman

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:59 am

dupondt wrote:
Alackman,

does WMP list all your music files? Are the files stored locally or on an external drive? Can you send music files to the SoundBridge from WMP?

Greetings
dupondt

yes, I have all my music files listed in wmp and they are all stored on an internal harddrive which is seperate for systmes hard drive but internal. I have stried moving files inot C drive my music folder but still not recognition of librbary. The music folder on my f drive is default music folder. I dont think I can send files fomr wmp to soundbridge, how would I do that..is it the play to option?

Alackman

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:03 am

i have just tried the play to option and although it does stop the raido from playing and doesnt play the track. On computer in play to options it just says "contacting media server" constantly

dupondt

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:05 am

Alackman,

it's difficult to figure out what's going wrong, so here are some more questions:

1) Which version of Windows 7 do you have (Home, Professional, Ultimate)?
2) What's the firmware version of your SoundBridges?
3) Which options are shown on the SoundBridge if you chose "Change Library or Configuration"?

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot