Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

stonybrookadam
Topic Author

Several M1000 (NOT M1001) for sale, one new -- free US ship

Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:19 am

Howdy all,
I was an early SoundBridge adopter (after a long love/hate with Turtle Beach...), and have picked up more units over the years than needed. My listening habits have changed, as I'm not in the house as much as I used to be!

I have a couple of Soundbridges for sale, all are M1000 (no upsampling).

One have been used, albeit by an adult, and has spent life inside a glass door case. It's in great shape. Display is still bright, clean front glass. Remote and end caps. I'll have to search for the rubber foot; if I can find it, I'll change this to indicate such.

The second is brand new in the box; it was purchased from Roku and never opened, as I purchased the other at Best Buy while I was waiting for the mail-order unit. It's never been opened, so it's complete as from the factory.

Both will be shipped with Roku wireless cards. Note, the new-in-box unit was not wireless, but I have an extra card from my third unit (which has always been used wired). In other words, the new-in-box soundbridge will have a wireless card added to the shipping box, which you can install if you'd like.

Free shipping on both of these units -- it's cheaper for me to do that than list on eBay (whose monopoly position has allowed astronomical fees to build up). Also, this puts first dibs in hands of the people who've supported Roku over the years. I've posted a few times here, and if you'd like to find my feedback on eBay (100%), the user name is Linuxbuyer.

I'll consider non-US buyers, but in that case, shipping is NOT free, and $25 added for currency exchange fees and hassle of international shipping (which will be charged at actual rate). This isn't a penalty, just the cost of dealing with international sales!

Pics available on request (only really relevant for the used unit).

Prices (US buyers, shipping is included):
Used unit $150
New in box unit $175

Paypal is preferred, but I'm open to other options.

Best,

--Adam

alanmc

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Roku are themselves selling-off the M1001 for $129 and the R1000 is now only $199.99 - see http://soundbridge.roku.com/store.php

stonybrookadam
Topic Author

Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Indeed they are, but I'm offering neither of those items --

The M1001 upsamples all content, degrading audio quality. The M1000 spits out at whatever frequency the incoming content is (within reason). Many on this forum would consider the M1000 a superior product.

The R1000 is a totally different beast; the 50% drop in price is nice, but it's not capable of sitting in an existing stereo.

Also, though it's a small amount, the prices listed from Roku don't include shipping.

Thanks for the links, though!

46jimbo

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:23 am

You will also find that Roku shipping charges are ridiculously high. I wanted to buy a new power adapter for $9.99, but the shipping charge was $34!

Burkhardi

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:05 am

46jimbo wrote:
You will also find that Roku shipping charges are ridiculously high. I wanted to buy a new power adapter for $9.99, but the shipping charge was $34!

I bet that they are using UPS or FED-EX then, if they were to hand carry it to the USPS and use "First Class" (which you can for items less then 4lbs going to Canada) then they could get it there for under $10 I bet. You have to fill out one of those little custom forms too. I send M1000's to Canada for about $11. I should have some power adaptors, what kind/type do you neeed (e.g. M1000, M1001)?
Email me at burkhardi at hotmail.com
Regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku