Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

gouldinio
Topic Author

Twonkyvision on Linkstation: Too many files?

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:38 am

Hello once again,

I have got Twonky 2.6 installed (finally) on my Linkstation. I have placed a few folders containing about 200 music files on the Linkstation and my Soundbridge detects these fine.

However, when I place my albums folder on Linkstation my Soundbridge fails to connect to server. I beleive it sees the files but when I try to connect to one it replies, cannot connect to server?

17.1GB in 436 folders, \albums\artist\name of album\mp3.

Is it that Soundbridge has to search through 4 folders to get to music file, any thoughts? I've been trying to set this up to run smoothly for about a week, and yes I'm what you'd call a newbie ( :oops: idiot! :oops: ) .

Thanks

RokuPatrick

Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:48 am

The SoundBridge actually has no knowledge of how your music is arranged on the disk. It merely asks the server for what is there. When you say it cannont connect to server, do you mean that it sees the server in the list of available servers (next to "favorite radio stations") but when you try and connect it eventually fails? To me, that sounds like a TwonkyVision problem. One thing you might try is to reboot the SoundBridge after you place files on the server. It's possible that the server is dying and not properly notifying the network when it comes back and as a result the SoundBridge is looking in the wrong place.

If you want to run this issue past the TwonkyVision guys, they seem to hang out at http://www.media-servers.com/forums/