Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jrsw
Topic Author

Is it safe to accept itunes upgrades?

Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 pm

I have had trouble in the past when I accepted itunes upgrades as they pop up from apple- more than once I had my Roku soundbridge M2000 rendered unable to read any of my libraries (making it useless) after I updated itunes even though my Roku firmware is up to date. I then had to wait without music for days until a beta patch was available to fix the compatibility issues.

Is this still an issue with new itunes versions? Is it now safe to upgrade to itunes 9.02? How about upgrading to windows 7- is Roku's fireware updated to work with windows 7?

I am on a PC now using XP Professional service pack 2, but considering a new PC with windows 7- I use a wired connection to the Roku.

I just read a post from someone with a different problem asking how to get his old itunes version back- makes me nervous to upgrade, but i'm still on itunes 8 and would like to get updated.

Thanks

diannabill

Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:58 pm

I haven't had any problems for quite awhile with iTunes (since a major problem about a year and a half ago). I am using Windows Vista, and have an M1001 and R1000 and both work well with the latest Roku beta software and latest iTunes.

That said...the last few iTunes upgrades I believe have been focusing on capabilities of the iPhone, I believe. I guess what I'm saying is, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. I'm assuming everything's working fine for you for now.

I have an iPhone, so I wanted to get the updates, and as I said, both of my Rokus are working fine with iTunes.

Keep us posted!