Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dupondt
Topic Author

Play incompatible stations (AACplus) on your SoundBridge

Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:30 am

Hi folks,

over the past couple of months I've been working on a new software project named StickRadio. It's a standalone internet radio player for Windows PCs, ideally netbooks which could then be used as complements of a stereo. Furthermore StickRadio can be stored on a flash drive or memory card and be used as some sort of portable radio.

StickRadio is not relying on any internet portal as it comes with its own database of more than 11,000 internet radio stations. This database is automatically updated whenever major changes require it.

StickRadio plays lots of stations that your SoundBridge doesn't support because they use incompatible formats like AACplus, OGG or WMA Voice. StickRadio will even enable your SoundBridge to play these stations, too, as it can send its output over the local network to almost any streaming box or software player.

Before offering StickRadio to the public I would like to undertake some further testing and am thus looking for up to 30 people who would like to test it, report bugs (if there are any) and pass comments on its features.

The system requirements are as follows:

Intel Pentium III or equivalent processor
Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition (SP 2), Windows Vista or Windows 7
Microsoft .NET 2.0 or higher
1,024 MB of RAM or higher
8 MB of free space on a hard disk, USB stick or memory card
Broadband internet connection

If you're interested, please send me a PM.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

dupondt
Topic Author

Re: Play incompatible stations (AACplus) on your SoundBridge

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 am

Hi all,

many thanks to all who contacted me. As the maximum of testers has been reached, I won't hand out any more beta versions.

If none of the testers finds major bugs, I shall hopefully be able to release the final version very soon.

Greetings
dupondt

dupondt
Topic Author

Re: Play incompatible stations (AACplus) on your SoundBridge

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:48 am

Hi all,

it's with great pleasure that today I can announce the release of StickRadio 1.0 which is now available from http://www.stickradio.net.

I would like to thank all beta testers for their assistance over the past months. Without their ideas, proposals and constructive criticism StickRadio wouldn’t be what it is today.

Many thanks again!

Greetings
dupondt