Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Is time.rokulabs.com down or dead?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm

After a power cycle, my units can not get the time using time.rokulabs.com and I have to use time.nist.gov
Anyone have any insight?

BTW time.brightsign.com does work...
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

dupondt

Re: Is time.rokulabs.com down or dead?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:41 pm

time.rokulabs.com replies when pinged. Maybe a temporary glitch?

BTW: I use pool.ntp.org for all of my devices and computers and never have experienced any problems.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

Burkhardi
Topic Author

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:45 pm

dupondt wrote:
time.rokulabs.com replies when pinged. Maybe a temporary glitch?

BTW: I use pool.ntp.org for all of my devices and computers and never have experienced any problems.

Greetings
dupondt

yea, it seems to be up too.
As you know I see, setup, and use A LOT of soundbridge units and this past week (or two) a lot of units just show - -:-- or say trying to set time.

But, yes, it's seems fine now, the units that didn't have their time now do and all is good in the world...LOL :wink:

I was just worried for the other users/owners in case there was an issue with time.rokulabs.com and might cause them to go in circles. However, as you said and my ping via a CMD window show, it's not an issue now.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

BluJay

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi,

After rebooting my Soundbridge 1001, the screen says "trying to set time" and then shows only --:--
Sometimes text for Internet radio is replaced by a series of vertical bars going up and down.
Is something wrong with the Roku website?
I have upgraded to Windows 7 and cannot find my soundbridge listed among devices on the control panel, and I don't seem to be able to get to the SoundBridge's web page to configure date and time. The up and down arrows on the remote don't give any options.
Is Roku not providing technical support for the Soundbridge 1001 any longer? Is there no longer any phone number to call?
My Radio Roku page continues to work. So does Internet radio.
Any help would be appreciated.