Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

wudiwi
Topic Author

some radiostations doesn't work on M2000

Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:52 am

Hello,

i come from germany and I am an happy Soundbridge-User (sorry for my bad english). I have a Soundbridge M1001 and an Soundbridge-Radio. Last week i bought an soundbridge M2000 (without cf-WiFi card) in very good condition .

Now my problem:
Many of my favorite radiostations don´t work on the M2000. The M2000 is connected via ethernet LAN-cable. Some radiostations are working fine and also all my mediaservers (eg. Twonky-Mediaserver or Windows-Mediashare) are working without problems. The favorite radiostations they doesn´t work on the M2000 are working fine on the M1001 and the SoundbridgeRadio.

The Firmware of all devices is the same 3.0.44. I have try with factory-reset, manual IP-adress and DHCP - but all without success.
Some radiostations they don´t work eg ETN.FM Trance Channel (MP3 256k),1.FM - Trance (WMA 128k), ... . They are from my favorites on radioroku.com. On the M2000-display comes by playing this channels the message 1.try, 2. try, 3 try, ... .

Can you help what could be the problem?

greetings
wudiwi
Last edited by wudiwi on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burkhardi

Re: some radiostations doesn´t work on M2000

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:05 pm

DO me a favor, on the M1001 go to "browse", and then to "genre" and then to "90's" and see if the first station plays. I bet it will, then try that same test on the M2000 and let me know what you get.
Regards, Matt

PM me if you don't get a reply here incase I don't see the post and it fall through the cracks.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

wudiwi
Topic Author

Re: some radiostations doesn't work on M2000

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:22 pm

hello Matt,

thanks for your answer. The first station in genre "90s" is by me ".977 The 90s Channel (MP3 96k)" (M1001, german setup, wireless connection and wired connection tested). It play perfectly, without problems on first try.

On the M2000 (wired connection) the same station doesn´t work. But the second station in genre ".977 The 90s Channel (WMA 64k)" works also on the M2000.

I hope that help.

Regards, Wulf
Last edited by wudiwi on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dupondt

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:02 am

Hi Wulf,

a belated welcome to the forums.

In the case of .977 90s there might be an issue related to AACplus. For further testing please try to play the following audio URLs on both your M1001 and M2000 and report back:

http://icecast1.977music.com/90s
http://icecast2.977music.com/90s
http://icecast3.977music.com/90s

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

Burkhardi

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:02 am

I was trying to figure out if it was the "90's station bug" that you helped me figure out about 18 months ago. The one where it (certain stations) will not play off RadioRoku unless your in the show linked URL area or you cut and past the URL into a preset. Also it would would never work off the units UI if you were browsing.

Do you recall that at all?

The symptom was the station would play on some M1000, M500 and M2000 unit's but not all of them. We found it was a hardware glitch (perhaps off the MAC address?) and you had to swap an IC or the main PCB.

dupondt wrote:
Hi Wulf,

a belated welcome to the forums.

In the case of .977 90s there might be an issue related to AACplus. For further testing please try to play the following audio URLs on both your M1001 and M2000 and report back:

http://icecast1.977music.com/90s
http://icecast2.977music.com/90s
http://icecast3.977music.com/90s

Greetings
dupondt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

dupondt

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:25 am

Hi Matt,

I was trying to figure out if it was the "90's station bug" that you helped me figure out about 18 months ago. The one where it (certain stations) will not play off RadioRoku unless your in the show linked URL area or you cut and past the URL into a preset. Also it would would never work off the units UI if you were browsing.

I vaguely recall the issue and remember that it took us quite some time to figure out what was going on. Wulf's problem might indeed be caused by this hardware glitch.

Greetings
dupondt

Burkhardi

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 am

Yes, indeed!
You really impressed me with your willingness to help.
I don't think I would have figured it out if you had not been so helpful, on the spot, offered insight and were also a RadioRoku moderator where not only could you help me, but you knew the background and infrastructure too.

It's up to the Four Musketeers to keep it all rolling...LOL
With much thanks, D'Artagnan

P.S. I have been working with Wulf via email and he does have this hardware bug that we uncovered. The good thing is it was only some of the older soundbridge units that were and only certain ones at that.

dupondt wrote:
Hi Matt,

I vaguely recall the issue and remember that it took us quite some time to figure out what was going on. Wulf's problem might indeed be caused by this hardware glitch.

Greetings
dupondt

gringo

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:43 pm

I know this is a long dead post - but I'm having the same problem with a M2000. 99% of stations just loop forever on "Re-trying station"...

Even when I try it from RokuRadio... and I've tried it via Wifi, and ethernet. Is there any hope for assistance in a dead thread for an antique unit?

Thanks,

bt

jjaf

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 am

Gringo:

Tell us some of the url's/radio stations you are trying to play.
R1000, M400, M1001

gringo

Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:22 am

Just tring from some from the top stations menu:

Radio Paradise AAC+ nope.
Smoothjazz.com MP3 128k nope.
Whisperings Solo Piano Radio MP3 64k plays fine.
Dr-p3 plays fine.
977 hits channel mp3 96k plays fine.
KNOW 91.1fm st Paul WMA32k nope.
Radio 2 nl WMA128 plays fine.
Sky fm all 70s mp3 96k plays fine.

Now some random ones from the browse by names menu:
000 digital radio 80s- nope
B105 Brisbane Australia - nope.
Fm104 Dublin nope.
Kcmo 710am Kansas city, mo... Nope.
Orchard fm uk, works.
Rockklassiker 106.7 wma 96k nope.
Radio ambient wma32k nope.
Orchard fm uk nope.
Organ live.com nope.
Orsradio 70s pop wma128k nope.

That's about my average for just playing stations from the browse menu... Maybe one out of 10. But honestly it seems a lot less. The connection is good, as I use other pcs on it, and have other devices. I can play most things from the NAS.

I just go nuts wishing this thing worked better. I have a roku xs, but much prefer the interface on the m2000.

What do you suggest.... Also for the record I have similar success rates using radio roku. It interfaces fine, just nothing plays.

Thanks for your help.

Bt

dupondt

Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:50 am

gringo,

the fact that some of the stations you listed don't play has nothing to do with your SoundBridge:

000 Digital Radio doesn't exist any more (corresponding stations have now been deleted from Radio Roku);
FM104 Dublin had an outdated URL (now fixed);
KNOW's WMA streams don't work (corresponding stations have now been deleted from Radio Roku);
Organlive.com had an outdated URL (now fixed);
Orchard FM has ceased to exist in 2009 and is now Heart Somerset (station entry updated).

All other stations play A/OK on my SoundBridge. Which software version is your SoundBridge running?

BTW: Many stations listed within Radio Roku meanwhile are dead either because they don't exist any more or their entries carry outdated audio URLs.

Greetings
dupondt

gringo

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:17 pm

Shame there isn't a better way of crawling and culling all those dead links...

I guess my problem isnt hardware.

How are dead links removed from the list?

chrisericson

Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi guys-

I'm having a similar issue w/my m1000 (see my letter to support below) AND I have a workaround... clunky, but a workaround nonetheless:
-------------------------------------------------
Win 7 and Snow leopard; m1000 at most recent firmware and connected via ethernet. Playback is great except for Radio stations, maybe 15% of the stations connect and the others time out. OTOH if I open the radio URL in iTunes and create a playlist from it the Roku will play that station (i.e. 181.fm will not play from a preset or from the 'native' station list, but will play from iTunes playlist thru the Roku.

I can connect to the Roku through my browser and manipulate the presets et. al., I cannot connect to the roku from radio roku- it does not find the device on the network from any computer or OS, and I've tried them all, with disabled firewalls.

------------------------------------------------
To clarify: to play a radio station that will not play from the 'set' radio list, save the radio link, then go to iTunes, 'Advanced', 'Open Stream', paste the radio station URL in to the pop-up box, and the station will be saved as a playlist which should play on your m1000... at least it does on mine.

Good luck.

Chris