Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

FrankB

Re: Why won't M1000 play stations that my M1001 will?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:23 pm

dupondt wrote:
FrankB wrote:
In reality, again, a unique id change is a RadioRoku side change, the Soundbridge will still use it's mac address during queries.

Sorry to disagree, but that's not the case. If I change the Unique Identifier with the corresponding (undocumented) RCP command the SoundBridge uses this new Unique Identifier when sending queries to Radio Roku.

I've got a Soundbridge with the 90s bug that I could try that RCP command on. Care to enlighten me (some more)? I assume the change doesn't last through a reboot. Just when I think I know it all, or more accurately, used the information I had to make assumptions on how things work. Also, will the Soundbridge use the new unique identifier as it's mac address, on the network?

Frank

FrankB

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 pm

jjaf wrote:
I can run that query url with any nonsense in the mac parameter and it still returns the radio string. What is it about the older models that make the query not work? Perhaps they are not running the latest firmware.

It's a subset of Soundbridge mac addresses that exhibit the problem. Using random numbers will most likely work. I sincerely doubt (but dupondt can correct me :) ) that the firmware version matters.

Frank

dupondt

Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:22 am

FrankB wrote:
Care to enlighten me (some more)?

I sent you a PM so please check your inbox.

I assume the change doesn't last through a reboot.

The change is persistent, the new Unique Identifier therefore will last through a reboot. A factory reset might restore the original Unique Identifier, but I haven't checked that.

Also, will the Soundbridge use the new unique identifier as it's mac address, on the network?

No, it won't.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

Burkhardi

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:41 am

OMG, could this the a solution to the 90's bug?
Do you know how much time I have spent on this...HOURS..no more like DAYS...No, by this time it's been weeks.

I know that Dupondt and I spent several days on this about 2 years back and I also have spent some time with Frank on this too.
Dupondt was very helpful and I think we spend the first day sending emails back and forth trying things out; there must have been 20 emails that day and about 8 hr of work...LOL

I was trying the unique identifier as a work-a-round. I had put in a request for a change and then Radio Roku crashed and after that crash, the system was not fully up/functional and all the "90's bug" units I had worked fine.

Then life got in the way again (new job, new house and a whole mess of things to take up 98% of my time) and I have not looked at it since then.
Plus I thought that perhaps the crash was from an effected unit having a unique ID.

This would be so cool if I could put this behind me. I first started to dabble with this about 4 years back and it would be so nice to have closure and to also help the other that have this issue too.
It seemed like the MAC was still used somehow even with the unique identifier, but if there is a RCP command that can really change this, then we may be looking at a solution.

WOW, this will make me a VERY happy camper if I can put this to bed finally.

Dupont and Frank, please check your PM's via this board.
Thanks, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

rasco

Mon May 13, 2013 10:47 pm

plz give me link... i need

Latest Off Plan Projects in Dubai
Last edited by rasco on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrankB

Tue May 14, 2013 5:54 am

rasco wrote:
plz give me link... i need

What information are you looking for? There was no permanent fix found for the problem. It seems to be related to the version of firmware that the unit uses for safe mode, if that is too old, something during the reboot process triggers RadioRoku to treat the device differently. At least that's my theory.

Frank