OMG, could this the a solution to the 90's bug?
Do you know how much time I have spent on this...HOURS..no more like DAYS...No, by this time it's been weeks.
I know that Dupondt and I spent several days on this about 2 years back and I also have spent some time with Frank on this too.
Dupondt was very helpful and I think we spend the first day sending emails back and forth trying things out; there must have been 20 emails that day and about 8 hr of work...LOL
I was trying the unique identifier as a work-a-round. I had put in a request for a change and then Radio Roku crashed and after that crash, the system was not fully up/functional and all the "90's bug" units I had worked fine.
Then life got in the way again (new job, new house and a whole mess of things to take up 98% of my time) and I have not looked at it since then.
Plus I thought that perhaps the crash was from an effected unit having a unique ID.
This would be so cool if I could put this behind me. I first started to dabble with this about 4 years back and it would be so nice to have closure and to also help the other that have this issue too.
It seemed like the MAC was still used somehow even with the unique identifier, but if there is a RCP command that can really change this, then we may be looking at a solution.
WOW, this will make me a VERY happy camper if I can put this to bed finally.
Dupont and Frank, please check your PM's via this board.
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku