Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

yboti
Topic Author

Soundbridge does nto see all my data

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:20 pm

I have an older soundbridge 1000. I've battled with it for years ow to get it to see all my MP3 file data. I primarily use it to listen remotely to sermons I get via MP3 files. I have them all stored on my PC. I have Windows Media Connect running. I have taken great pains to edit the file data to ensure consistency in the MP3 file meta tag data. Yet, when I look at it via my Roku Soundbridge it has always been inconsistent in what shows up, regardless of what view, folder, album, artist, I look at. I made certain that the tag data I edited was actually written back to the files, and not just stored in a meta file. I can look at it from various PC's, look right at the file's property sheet, and all the data is there and consistent. But Roku apparently does not see it. Does the device have some other data source rather than the files?

46jimbo

Re: Soundbridge does nto see all my data

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 pm

For a comparison, why don't you try using iTunes? Just make sure that you check the right box so that iTunes acts as a server.

jjaf

Re: Soundbridge does nto see all my data

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:26 am

It's worth pointing out that the Soundbridge knows nothing about tags, it only displays information supplied by the media server in response to your browse or search command. You may want to switch off the option in Windows Media Player to perform automatic library updates from the Internet, this has messed around with my manual tag updates in the past.
R1000, M400, M1001