Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

evildmp
Topic Author

Buffering?

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:50 pm

My M1000 is connected directly to my router via Ethernet; I use it to listen to Internet radio.

Sometimes (usually in the evenings when everyone in the neighbourhood is online) it will constantly stop playing to rebuffer - it will play for only a 15 or 20 seconds before stalling again.

iTunes, on iMac on the same network plays happily without interruption.

I'm assuming that the M1000 has a smaller buffer than iTunes, and that iTunes is able to deal with occasional network issues better.

Is this likely to be the case? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks.

evildmp
Topic Author

Re: Buffering?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:34 am

[quote="bregent"]The M1000 does have a small buffer, but unless you have extremely slow internet it should not be a problem. What speed is provided by your ISP? Are other devices in your home streaming at the same time? Do you have an unsecured wireless network?[/quote]

My Internet connection is pretty fast, and there's often not much else - sometimes nothing - doing anything on the local network at the time.

Last night for example I gave up trying to listen to an Internet radio station using the M1000, and used iTunes instead.

I've tried all the basic things like power-cycling the M1000.

Right now (at 08.30 instead of 23.30) it's working perfectly.

It's as though the M1000 is reluctant to claim its rightful share of bandwidth when it's tight.