Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

dellsweig
Topic Author

help reset roku

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:00 pm

My Roku M1001 ended up with a screen Software Reset press * to begin.

I let it look for updates ut it cant find any and is stuck on this screen.

If I power cycle the unit it comes back to this screen

Anyone know how to reset the unit either out of this mode or back to factory settings??
Going where the wind don't blow so strange

DerekHelps

Re: help reset roku

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:33 pm

You could try a safe mode reset:
"
Try booting your SoundBridge in "Safe Mode" as follows: Unplug your SoundBridge from power. Next, disconnect the Ethernet cable and remove the wireless card (if removable). Point the SoundBridge remote control at the SoundBridge and press and hold any key on the remote (TIP: The arrow buttons are large and easy to hold down). Continue holding down the button and pointing the remote at the SoundBridge while you reconnect the SoundBridge to power. After a few seconds, the SoundBridge should boot with "Safe Mode" displayed on the screen. Choose "Reset to factory defaults" and follow the on-screen instructions to reset the SoundBridge.
"
http://soundbridge.roku.com/support/ts_drc.php
Netgear WNR2000v2
Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT Firmware acting as Client Bridge
Soundbridge M2000/M500/R1000
Roku 2 XS 3100
-------------------------------------------------
It's all in the <sup>details</sup>

dellsweig
Topic Author

Re: help reset roku

Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:08 am

DerekHelps wrote:
You could try a safe mode reset:
"
Try booting your SoundBridge in "Safe Mode" as follows: Unplug your SoundBridge from power. Next, disconnect the Ethernet cable and remove the wireless card (if removable). Point the SoundBridge remote control at the SoundBridge and press and hold any key on the remote (TIP: The arrow buttons are large and easy to hold down). Continue holding down the button and pointing the remote at the SoundBridge while you reconnect the SoundBridge to power. After a few seconds, the SoundBridge should boot with "Safe Mode" displayed on the screen. Choose "Reset to factory defaults" and follow the on-screen instructions to reset the SoundBridge.
"
http://soundbridge.roku.com/support/ts_drc.php

Thanks for the info!!!!! Worked perfectly

It's funny how these things break (and we come to rely on them) at the worst time - when family is over for the holiday and you need to look and play some special track!!

Well - its a good thing I had my iphone - plugged it in as a hotfix till the Roku was back

Thanks again and happy new year everyone
Going where the wind don't blow so strange