Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

steve41
Topic Author

connection to music library

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:05 am

After years of satisfactory service, my Soundbridge M1000 will not connect to my Windows music library.
It does get internet radio OK via the router, and my computer gets the internet OK via the router.
Rebooting Soundbridge does not help. The Music Library is OK to share with Soundbridge.

Earlier in the day, Soundbridge showed an incorrect, "random" time of day. This was fixed by rebooting (briefly disconnecting power).

dupondt

Re: connection to music library

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:13 am

Hi steve41,

welcome to the forums.

How are the computer and the SoundBridge connected to the router (wired/wireless)?
What's the make and model of your router?

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

steve41
Topic Author

Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:46 am

Both Soundbridge and my computer connect with the router wirelessly.

The router was installed by Verizon. I dos not know make and model (it is hard to reach in the attic). Its lights appear to be normal. I briefly unplugged it to effect a reboot, which did not solve the Soundbridge problem.

If you need to know the router's make and model, let me know and I'll have a look. Since Soundbridge plays internet radio, and my computer gets the internet OK, I do not think the router is a problem, but I am not expert.

Thanks

dupondt

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

steve41,

Verizon tend to give customers Actiontec routers which are notorious for causing problems with UPnP-AV/DLNA. A recent update of the router's firmware seems to have broken streaming; for details and a possible solution please have a look at this thread in the Verizon forums.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

steve41
Topic Author

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks

Yes, the router is an Actiontec M1424-WR Rev E.

I'll read what you suggested.

Steve41

steve41
Topic Author

Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 am

My M1001 continues to fail to connect with my Windows Music library in my PC. This, after years of reliable service.
I have shut down the Firewall, and checked that the media library allows Soundbridge. This does not help.
The M1001 can connect to the music library in a laptop, so know the router is working OK. M1001 will get internet radio and time of day.
Several days before the failure to find my music library, the Soundbridge gave an incorrect time of day, which was fix by re-booting.
I have an IP address ending in 1.101 written in down for it, but the Media Center shows an address ending in 1.2. Could that cause the problem? If so, how to fix it?

Thanks

bregent

Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:17 pm

I would try setting a static IP in your SB

http://soundbridge.roku.com/support/static_ip.php

steve41
Topic Author

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:01 am

Hi,

I checked ip addresses, etc.

My Soundbridge:
ip 192.168.1.4
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.1

My PC:
ip 192.168.1.2
netmask same as Soundbridge
gateway same as Soundbridge

Since the ip numbers for the two devices are the same except for the last digit, I think they are OK.

Note that there were no changes that I am aware of to either device prior to the failure to connect.

A few days after the failure to connect, my Windows Outlook program did not function correctly - there was a corrupted file.

That was fixed, but the failure of Soundbrdige to connect with the PC music library continues. Soundbridge does connect with the music library on my laptop, however.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again.

Steve41