Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Skelter
Topic Author

M1000: No net connection! :(

Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:51 am

After many years of loyal service, my M1000 has died and is showing the dreadful "no net connection" message. I have tried a different 9v 1.5A adapter with no luck (voltage stays 9.4v so adapter is good). I have also tried different ethernet cables or just the wireless card, but no change.

I have read several posts about this problem and not many solutions. I live in France so sending it to someone in the US (if they are still around) is going to be too expensive. Anything else I could try? I have completely dismantled it, cleaned connectors with a connector-cleaning-spray (not sure what it's called). The only thing I could think of is heating the PCB in an oven (I fixed a laptop that way once), but I will only do that as a last resort...

See picture, is the middle PCB (where the wireless card goes) the ethernet adapter as well, or is that integrated in the main PCB (where the ethernet cable connector is located)?

bregent

Re: M1000: No net connection! :(

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:46 pm

Not sure if he's still around, but Peter Hillyer used to do UK Soundbridge Radio repairs - email <hillyp02-roku@yahoo.co.uk> or send him a PM.

Skelter
Topic Author

Re: M1000: No net connection! :(

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:40 am

Thanks! (sorry for the late response)
I noticed a few going on ebay for a low price, so sending it to the uk is already going to be too expensive... It's sad but I guess I have to move on! :?

(I am now using an old laptop with xbmc for video and audio... but I liked the little screen of the soundbridge...)