Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

bagmouse7
Topic Author

Feature request - auto start playing music when powered on

Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:54 pm

How about adding a feature that is called "startup options".
I would love to be able to just hit the power on button and have music start playing.

Default could be to start the way you do now - in the last played library.
You could have options such that you could start playing a radio station immediately upon boot up, or autostart a playlist from a library, or start up playing all songs from an artist or album.
Thanks.

ikeboy

Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:33 am

Another vote for this.

I know there are issues with continuing with where the SB was in a song queue, since things may have changed on the server. But, it would be useful if there were at least an option to continue to play the pre-standby playlist (not the same song queue) in the pre-standby mode (shuffle, repeat settings).

I normally just have my SB shuffle playing my "All" playlist, it would be nice if there was a way for it to come out of standby doing that without having to navigate through 4 menus. It would be fine (preferable even) to reload the playlist and reshuffle it when coming out of standby.

UKChris

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:37 am

You would also get my vote on this. I have one network, one library and one favorite playlist. Always go through exactly the same key presses everytime I start up.

chrisloker

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:45 am

How about, just like the 10 favorite radio station option, you could have an option that has your 10 favorite playlists (and assigning the default server to use). Then if you left the soundbridge under that menu option it would pick back up with the last playlist you were on. Would be an easy way to go right to music also from the main server selection screen.

bagmouse7
Topic Author

Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:43 pm

How about also adding the option the startup the player with shuffle mode enabled (or disabled). It could be an option you could toggle on or off.
I would like the hit the power on and have the SB start up playing a playlist in shuffle mode.
One button music.
:wink: