Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

chrismiller
Topic Author

Recognizes Rhapsody Library, Won't Play Songs

Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:00 am

Hello,

For years I have used my Soundbridge M1001, which is connected to a Denon stereo receiver in my TV room on the main floor, to communicate wirelessly with my Rhapsody library on my desktop computer upstairs. I have loved it! I have not used the Roku for anything but Roku Radio for a couple of months though, and now when I try to again use it to access my Rhapsody library, the Roku recognizes all of the albums, playlists, etc I have in Rhapsody, but will not play them.

When I go to play any of my Rhapsody library, I get a message saying "can't play song, skipping to next " (or something to that effect). I don't think it is firewall related, since the Soundbridge does find the Rhapsody server and the music I've saved. I don't think it is related to the IP address, since I am not getting the 169... address often mentioned.

Can anyone make any suggestions for me? I miss my music.
Thank you.
Chris

PD

Re: Recognizes Rhapsody Library, Won't Play Songs

Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:22 am

I had the same problem. After some back and forth with Rhapsody, I found out that Rhapsody made some sort of format change, and the server software will no longer stream to the Roku. Same goes for Rhapsody channels. What you can do is download the music, then use Windows Media Player to stream to the Roku.