Wow, 2006 was a long time ago.
For those of you who weren't around back then, or those of you who were and have forgotten all about this by now, Jamcast is finally publicly available.
Updated feature description:
- Runs on Windows XP, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, and Windows Server 2003.
- Virtual PC audio
streams what is playing on your computer to the Soundbridge. No limits to what you can listen to -- Pandora, satellite radio, etc.!
- Recognizes metadata from MP3 (ID3v1.1, ID3v2), WMA / WMA Voice/Pro/Lossless, FLAC / OGG (Vorbis comments), ALAC / AAC, WAV, SHN, AIFF
- MP3, WMA (including Voice/Pro/Lossless), FLAC, ALAC, OGG, & Shorten can all be transcoded to a configurable-bitrate MP3, WAV, or LPCM
- M3U, PLS, WPL (Windows Media) playlists supported
- Supports Windows Media DRM 10 for Network Devices
- Podcast support (integrated RSS aggregator)
- Intuitive Windows configuration interface
- High-performance import routines and integrated collection database
- Library Monitor detects changes to your collection in real-time
- Works with all UPnP/DLNA-compliant media renderers (works awesome with the Soundbridge products!)
Any questions or comments I'll be happy to answer here!