Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

xanleman
Topic Author

Wired M2000 Can't play some Presets/ Wirelss M500 can!

Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 am

Amongst the freezing and jumping tracks issues which have yet to be resolved I have another question I am pondering.

My M2000 which is wired (CAT6) to a network and played back through a Audio Alchemy DAC and then into an Amp cannot play a number of the new presets. It will connect with the station but will only play hiss. Most of the station will however play. Noticeably absent are the BBC World Service and Air America radio.

My M500 which is wireless and played back through a Tivoli radio will play all of them.

With all the other little tweaks I am having to put myself and family through, it would be great if this was a simple fix as I would like to sit back and enjoy some functionality.

Any thoughts?

Xanleman

MP3 Mike

Re: Wired M2000 Can't play some Presets/ Wirelss M500 can!

Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:14 am

xanleman wrote:
My M2000 which is wired (CAT6) to a network and played back through a Audio Alchemy DAC and then into an Amp cannot play a number of the new presets. It will connect with the station but will only play hiss. Most of the station will however play. Noticeably absent are the BBC World Service and Air America radio.

My M500 which is wireless and played back through a Tivoli radio will play all of them.

Can you test to see if the M2000 is outputting a good analog signal?

Can the M500 play those stations through the Audio Alchemy DAC? I'm thinking that those stations may be at a sampling rate that the DAC doesn't support. (Which is a case where the M1001 could be better.)

RokuMike

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:39 am

I believe that explanation is likely to be correct. The older M-series models don't do sample rate conversion for many "standard" rates, like 22.05kHz and so forth, and if your DAC won't play those rates, you may not get audio on those stations.