Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

russws

Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:36 pm

Felix,
Thanks for your work on this. Saved me quite a bit of work moving around a couple of units and settings. The Roku folks should adopt this as a back up tool.

lursay

Saving presets under Mac

Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:55 am

Any clue of such a device supporting Mac?????
RCP is just for PC

Burkhardi

Re: Saving presets under Mac

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:21 am

lursay wrote:
Any clue of such a device supporting Mac?????
RCP is just for PC

not to split hairs, but MAC is a PC too, right?
So right now it just supports the Windows OS and not the MAC OS, correct?
I assume since RokuMike uses a MAC (at least I think he does), then you have a good chance for getting what you need. Have you emailed support asking them if they plan to have RCP work with the MAC OS?
Regards, Matt
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

fm.72

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:33 am

To clear any confusions: RCP is a control protocol SoundBridge implements. As such it is not limited to any hardware platform, my program SB-sync is limited to Windows as I don't have a Mac. As Burkhardi pointed out, you might be able to run it on your Mac if you make it dual boot...

Burkhardi

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:28 pm

fm.72 wrote:
To clear any confusions: RCP is a control protocol SoundBridge implements. As such it is not limited to any hardware platform, my program SB-sync is limited to Windows as I don't have a Mac. As Burkhardi pointed out, you might be able to run it on your Mac if you make it dual boot...

Thanks, I also misread RCP (Remote Control Protocol?)as RAC (Roku Audio Center).
Roku3 and Roku HD1000 [Rev B] on a Samsung HLP5674W DLP in the living room; a Roku2 and two Roku XS and a few SoundBridges.Win7; Kubuntu and XP via RT-N66U, E2000 and a switch or two. I own stock in Roku, it's just all in the form of hardware.Viva la Roku

lursay

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:11 pm

fm.72 wrote:

OK but how do I go about to install RCP under Mac (latest version); I have downloaded the program but I do not see anything to launch it; what is a "SB-sync program"; thanks for helping since I presume RCP gives more service than the web interface "bonjour"
Also, does anyone knows why BBC Radio 4 would not work on my S Radio when it does on my a computer and RAC says it has 100% reliability. I bought the machine with the main view to listen BBC
Thanks

fm.72

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:32 pm

Lursay, I'm afraid, you will have to install Windows on your Mac in order to use SB-sync. That's a small tool I wrote for Windows to backup and later restore your presets to a file. Thus, if you ever loose your presets again (p.ex., by boorting to safe mode) - no problem, just restore them and you're back where you were.

RCP is the protocol SB-sync (and other programs that control or in another way "manipulate" your SoundBridge) uses to communicate with the SoundBridge.

Hope, I got my idea across...

Felix

Aapo

Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:47 am

Thanks fm.72 about this great software!

I've tested it with few Soundbridges and it's working fine. In the future, it would be perfect, if there is possibility to make that copy to multiple devices at once? We have tens of soundbridges and this software helps a lot when we're installing these devices, but when we need to change channel list, it would be nice to do that to multiple devices at the same time.

fm.72

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:43 am

Hi Aapo,

thanks for your suggestion, I'll keep that in mind and see how to implement that in a way that doesn't confuse users who only have one or two SoundBridges...

Felix

fm.72

Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:15 pm

It's been a long time since the last update. For V1.2 I only made some small changes, not visible on the outside.

Download from http://www.justmytwocents.de/SB-sync/SB-syncSetup.exe

I'm still planning to integrate some of the features requested by people here. Nevertheless, the prerequisite would be Roku updating RCP to finally make all preset types available for manipulation. Hopefully they do, it's a shame they haven't already...

Enjoy,
Felix

Bron

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:53 pm

fm.72 wrote:
It's been a long time since the last update. For V1.2 I only made some small changes, not visible on the outside.

Download from http://www.justmytwocents.de/SB-sync/SB-syncSetup.exe

I'm still planning to integrate some of the features requested by people here. Nevertheless, the prerequisite would be Roku updating RCP to finally make all preset types available for manipulation. Hopefully they do, it's a shame they haven't already...

Enjoy,
Felix

Thanks! I'm a new SB owner and this is exactly what I was looking for. I quickly realized that 18 presets was not going to be enough for me and I needed a way to save and restore as needed. Two kind folks directed me to SB sync. Nice to see it's still be updated!

Kronalias

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:18 am

Hi Felix

Just a quick email to say 'Thank you'.

That's a very useful piece of software, does exactly what it say on the box, and helps me considerably!

Cheers, Kronalias

TonyM

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Same here. I just bought a second M1000 and was wondering how to avoid having to copy and paste all those presets.

A very useful tool with a well designed interface. Thank you. :D

gtwibell

Re: Copy presets from one Roku to another?

Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:13 am

Old thread I know, but just wanted to also say a big thank you for SB-sync and to report it installs and works perfectly on the Mac under Crossover Windows emulation.