Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

fm.72

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:34 pm

Version 0.7 is out, the only change is that it now works without the change to the IE option. I'm not sure whether this option had better been left inactive for security reasons. Please update to the current version and change back the setting 'Allow active content to run in files on My Computer' on the "advanced" options in Internet Explorer if you used a previous version of SB-sync.

Download location unchanged: http://www.justmytwocents.de/SB-sync/SB-syncSetup.exe

@ithos: Your suggestion is a great way to do a "sync" (although a bit hard to remember for the casual user, I'm afraid). The motivation for my development was to be able to backup my presets. Copying from one SB to another came in later as a goody.

Regards,
Felix

ithos

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:26 am

fm.72 wrote:
@ithos: Your suggestion is a great way to do a "sync" (although a bit hard to remember for the casual user, I'm afraid). The motivation for my development was to be able to backup my presets. Copying from one SB to another came in later as a goody.

You're right, it is hard to remember. I can't even remember it off the top of my head. But a way to resolve it is to save it as a bookmark, one for each SoundBridge that you have on the network.

Clearly, your solution is a little more polished, and as you say, it can back up presets. Nice job.

-ithos

richdunlop

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:32 pm

Felix,

Feature request for you. Would it be possible for the application to resolve host names instead of requiring the user to enter source/target IP's?

Thanks,
rich

fm.72

Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:34 pm

Major rewrite!

Version 0.8 is online. It now uses RCP (Roku Control Protocol) for communication with your SoundBridges, which means that we're more immune to changes introduced by different firmware versions.

Backups made with previous versions of SB-sync might stop working when the web interface for dealing with presets changes due to a firmware update.

Using RCP also makes it possible to deal with other preset types than Internet Radio URLs. This is a theoretical advantage at the moment, as the current version of RCP only supports URL presets, but that will change with one of the next updates (according to ROKU).

Please download from http://www.justmytwocents.de/SB-sync/SB-syncSetup.exe as usual.

@Rich: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into this...

Regards,
Felix

Tomas

Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:26 am

fm.72 wrote:
It now uses RCP (Roku Control Protocol) for communication with your SoundBridges

Great.

I will try this out when I get the time for it now when it is implemented in this way. As I am using a Swedish localization I did not even bother to try the "web based" version as I figured it would not work anyway... (correct or not :-))

fm.72

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:59 pm

@Tomas: The user interface language doesn't interfere with SB-sync (neither versions up to V0.8 nor V0.8 or later). I - being in Germany - have set my SB to German, no problem at all... But still, RCP is by far the more reliable choice...

fm.72

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:06 pm

Version 0.9 is online. No functional changes except some better error checking. Now including a small "about".

Felix

fm.72

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:44 pm

I've been busy including the feature request by Richdunlop...

Version 1.0 is online. You can now enter IP addresses as well as hostnames for your SoundBridges.

Download from http://www.justmytwocents.de/SB-sync/SB-syncSetup.exe as usual.

Felix

richdunlop

Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:46 pm

Thanks Felix - I'll give this a go this weekend.

g0pkh

Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:06 pm

Felix.

This is excellent work, just downloaded your latest version, and tested it on all my SB's.
It works very well indeed. Thankyou.

How about a feature request for V2.0 :wink:
Would there be any way of displaying (or maybe even modifying) presets within your program ?
I was able to open the .dat files in wordpad to check what actual entries I had.

Very professional installation too. :)

Pete
Soundbridge and Photobridge repairs offered.
contact via PM or hillyp02-roku@yahoo.co.uk

fm.72

Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:29 pm

Hi Pete,

thank you - glad you like it and it works for you as well.

Great idea to add a possibility for displaying and modifying presets! I'll put that on top of my list.

As you may guess, the .dat files contain just a verbatim copy of the preset information retrieved by RCP. So, it is no problem to display this information on screen in one way or another. Why not allow changes to be made on the fly? Some user assistance/guidance might come in handy...

Felix

Tomas

Works fine...

Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 am

Just tried the program and it works fine. Thanks for making and sharing it.

I don't have much time for the moment to play around with the SB interfaces, but is it possible to share FM radio presets using RCP? Here is an example of what is received from an FM preset:

GetPresetInfo: preset: B1
GetPresetInfo: type: kFMPreset
GetPresetInfo: name: Lugna Favoriter
GetPresetInfo: URL:
GetPresetInfo: filename:
GetPresetInfo: id:
GetPresetInfo: path:
GetPresetInfo: serverName: FM-radio
GetPresetInfo: serverType: kFMTuner
GetPresetInfo: frequency: 94400
GetPresetInfo: filter genre:
GetPresetInfo: filter artist:
GetPresetInfo: filter composer:
GetPresetInfo: filter title:
GetPresetInfo: filter album:
GetPresetInfo: filter allFields:
GetPresetInfo: filter exactMatch: 0
GetPresetInfo: shuffleMode: off
GetPresetInfo: repeatMode: off
GetPresetInfo: OK

fm.72

Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi Tomas,

although other types of presets can be read (as the one you found in the .dat file), the current version of RCP *only* supports setting Internet Radio (i.e. URL) presets. As soon as ROKU updates the protocol to support other preset types, I will update SB-sync accordingly.

Regards,
Felix

jtbse

Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:09 pm

fm.72...

Been waiting until my other SoundBridge arrived to download the latest version and try the synch function.

This app just works great! Thanks again for the contribution. :P

Hey RokuMike....how about maybe posting the download for this app on the 3rd party section of the Roku web site? I think this is a great little utility that many Roku users would benefit from!

fm.72

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:50 pm

I haven't been very busy with SB-sync the last three weeks, still a small update is ready for download. Progress indicators are the major change. A bug or two has been fixed. The installer now creates start menu entries for all users instead of the current user only.

Download V1.1 from http://www.justmytwocents.de/SB-sync/SB-syncSetup.exe

Feedback and feature requests are welcome. Stay tuned for the ability to make changes to your presets as well...

Felix