Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

JohnDejonette
Topic Author

M1001 flashes on and off

Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:29 pm

My old, faithful Roku Soundbridge M1001 started flashing on and off, displaying "Roku Soundbridge", going to a dark screen and then dislaying "Roku Soundbridge" again approximately every five seconds. It also does not respond to the Remote Control. I thought it was the 5-volt power suply and purchased a new one. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Any thoughts on a possibly fix?

jpphipps

Re: M1001 flashes on and off

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Did you check the "192.168.1._ _ _" page (the page has a name but I've forgotten what it is...)? There might be a clue there. For instance: If you can bring up the page, I'd guess the problem lies with the power brick. Mine are at least 1.5A or better.
3 SoundBridges, 1 SoundBridge Radio - Phoenix, AZ
3 SoundBridges - Netarts, OR

FrankB

Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:46 am

I would suspect the power supply as well. Also, try booting in safe mode (hold a remote button down while applying power) and clear the configuration.

JohnDejonette
Topic Author

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:17 am

Well, FrankB partially resolved the problem. Thank you, Frank.

As I stated in my initial post I purchased a new power source, i.e., "brick. It didn't help. But starting in "Safe Mode" did get me to the point where I could selected a wireless network. I have both networks password protected. When I attempt to enter the password I receieve the message that my WEP in not in the proper format. I've tried both wireless networks with the same result. At least I know the original power transformer is okay as is the replacement. I'm mystified at the error message I'm receiving. Can anyone help?

FrankB

Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:13 am

When you boot in safe mode, it's a really old version of the firmware, it probably only supports WEP, not WPA. I assume your network is WPA.

Did you try doing a factory reset while you were in safe mode?

JohnDejonette
Topic Author

Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:54 am

FrankB:

Thanks you for asking. I performed a Factory Reset in the Safe Boot mode and that resolved the password problem.