Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

wideasleep1

Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:52 pm

Personally, I have to expect that Apple will never allow Roku to fix the problem...otherwise why would they have broken the sharing protocol to begin with? It's clear the reason is competitive, iTV. If I were an iTunes user, I'd be venting to Apple and Roku that they broke my media player, and be harassing them both to fix. Roku have obviously responded with as much information as they can, that they continue to work to resolve the issue, so that leaves Apple..where do they stand on this issue? Have any of you guys contacted Apple and gotten a response on what they intend to do about the problem?

Roku has provided a suitable workaround for iTunes users, continues to provide support to its users, FF's author continues to develop and support the server as he has done for years, many iTunes users even prefer FF to iTunes and wouldn't use iTunes again to share even if it was fixed.

I see very little choice but to wait, move to another product, or use FF or other DAAP-based server if you insist on using iTunes 7. Recall that 6 still works!
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!

jcg

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:52 am

Ok so count me as someone that just upgraded iTunes to 7.x and all of a sudden I can't get my Roku to connect. Try a bunch of stuff then come here to the forum (which I haven't been to in a long time) only to find out that the iTunes update is the problem. So I see we have no timetable on the fix, so for me I'd just like to revert back to the last 6.x iTunes. Can someone tell me where to get old versions of iTunes as I couldn't find them on Apples website. Thanks.

jcg

jcg

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:01 pm

OK I managed to find 6.0.5.20 which I think was the latest 6.x release of iTunes at the link below. Click on the 36Mb icon in the top right to get the download. Anyways I uninstalled iTunes 7.x and reinstalled 6.0.5.20 and all is good with the Roku again. You will need to delete the .itl and .xml library file in the iTunes directory before iTunes will startup for those that want to go this route. I keep all my mp3 files in 2 directories so it was easy to recreate my library. Hopefully Roku or Apple will get this resolved soon.

jcg

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ ... ndows.html