Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

richard1212
Topic Author

How long is this thing supposed to sniff for?

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:19 pm

I run the sniffer - sometimes with a filter word, sometimes without. It runs forever and gives me back garbeled web sites. Most of them not compatible with my 1001. Any body care to assist? I appreciate it -

RokuLyndon

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:03 pm

I don't think you are using snooper correctly. You need to visit a radio station's website for snooper to work, or a site that has links to different radio stations.

If you just want to find a list of radio stations to choose from, there are several ways you can do this. You can signup for a free account at radioroku.com. There, you'll find thousands of radio stations you can listen to on the soundbridge. You can also use the site to create a favorites list that your soundbridge can access. To take advantage of favorites, use the Find Devices option on the site to add your soundbridge.

More on the Snooper...
If you just tell the snooper software to sniff, and then visit random websites, it will find links, but not what you are looking for.

You can use snooper to find compatible URLs. Find the listen now or listen live link on the radio stations's website you want to listen to. Open the Radio snooper. Click sniff network, if it's an available option. Then, click the listen button on the radio station website.
Radio snooper looks for any compatible URLs from that radio station and lists that stream as "supported". You can then select the URL and choose to Play on the soundbridge, or add it to a preset on your soundbridge.

gandl

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:03 pm

RokuLyndon, When I run the snooper as you state here it never lists any URLs. Is there some setting improperly set or some other problem?

gcd0865

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:31 am

Some stations must simply hide/mask their internet audio urls well enough that the snooper apparently cannot detect them. There are times when I've run the snooper for quite a while and nothing comes up.

RokuLyndon

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:42 am

The snooper should show a link almost immediately, and normally no more than 5 - 10 seconds or so. If you can hear the station on your PC, and it's been playing 30 - 60 seconds, and you still don't see a link, then the link is being masked.

Sometimes, quitting the streaming player will cause the link to show up.