Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

hennessm
Topic Author

Radio Snooper for Mac Users

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:50 am

Can anyone recommend a Mac equivalent to Radio Snooper?

U have been searching for some time and haven't found anything comparable. Perhaps someone has found a program they can recommend?

I take it , there are no plans to bring out a Mac version of Radio Snooper.

goldenwonder

Re: Radio Snooper for Mac Users

Tue May 15, 2012 1:38 am

Same to me, as a MacMini user

ninerdick

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 am

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by ninerdick on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bregent

Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:56 pm

ninerdick wrote:
you can use the Bonjour tab in Safari to access your Soundbridge or Soundbridge Radio. It has all the same features.
Radio Snooper is just a porting of Bonjour on PC. Roku did not do anything special to create Radio Snooper.
Bonjour does it all.

I have two Soundbridge Radios. I can access them at will from both my Macs, and also from Windows XP running under Parallels.

I don't understand this. Most people want to use Radio Snooper (a packet sniffer) to analyze the packets of streams they are listening to so they can add the underlying URL to their SB. How can you do this with Bonjour?

ninerdick

Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Last edited by ninerdick on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ninerdick

Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:33 pm

Last edited by ninerdick on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

dupondt

Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 pm

ninerdick,

apart from the fact that you have resurrected a thread that (as well as the software it's dealing with) has been dead for years, you don't seem to have a clue what Radio Snooper really is.

Radio Snooper is just a porting of Bonjour on PC.

No, it isn't. Radio Snooper, like bregent already stated, is a packet sniffer which tries to discover audio URLs of internet radio stations. It doesn't have anything to do with Bonjour, but uses UPnP to discover the SoundBridges. For details see http://soundbridge.roku.com/support/dwnld_radiosnoop.php.

Roku did not do anything special to create Radio Snooper.

I suppose that they at least paid the members of DonationCoder.com for developing an extended Roku branded version of URL Snooper.

Bonjour does it all.

Does it really? What do I have to do to make it discover audio URLs?

I have two Soundbridge Radios. I can access them at will from both my Macs, and also from Windows XP running under Parallels.

I have six SoundBridges and my family and I can access them all from our PCs, tablets and smartphones. None of our devices has Bonjour installed, the wizards we use are called web interface, web browser, UPnP, and DLNA.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

bregent

Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:27 pm

In addition to what dupondt has said, the screenshot you included has nothing to do with bonjour or Radio Snooper. It is simply the default page of the web browser built into the SoundBridge. You may have used bonjour to help locate it, but you could just have easily browsed to it directly.