Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

VitoAsaro
Topic Author

Roku Internet Radio down (SoundBridge)

Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 am

It appears that the Roku SQL server which provides the Internet Radio listings to SoundBridge and SoundBridge Radios is down again. I cannot browse, search, etc. any stations and can only play the favorites stored as URLs in my SoundBridge M2000.

I'd like to request a firmware change that allows the SoundBridge M2000 (and other SoundBridge devices) to connect to a different database server such as Apple's or any other server to enumerate/search stations.

Can Roku also make their database "public" for download so that I can at least install a static copy on my own local SQL server? And, if so, obviously a firmware modification would be necessary on my M2000 to allow me to specify the database used for Internet radio stations.

Thanks.

alanmc

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:27 pm

:lol: ~ :lol: ~ :lol: ~ :lol:

Do you have any idea just how much the information you seek is worth and the thousands of man-hours that have been spent compiling this information?

Time to read this thread > http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=20075 :wink:

dupondt

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:52 am

VitoAsaro,

if you want to use Apple's radio database all you have to do is install iTunes and share your library. This will give your SoundBridge access to all radio stations listed within iTunes.

You might, however, be disappointed as regards the number of stations listed there: As of today iTunes lists 3,616 streams. Not very much compared to the more than 12,300 within Radio Roku...

You can also build your own database and use Twonky on a computer or a NAS to make it available on the SoundBridge.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot