Hi everyone
When I installed radio snooper on my pc it doesn’t pick up any radio stations
It picks up my soundbridge
My sound bridge picks up radio stations
But my snooper doesn’t
Any help greatly appreciated

alanmc

Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Why not check the Search function to view just what the 2 Radio Roku moderators think about 'Snooper' :wink:
You'll then delete this highly suspect software . . . .

alanmc

Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Bob, regrettably I'll not be able to assist you with specific streams as I no longer have this software installed on either my WorkStation or my Laptop (both Windows machines), and I'm fairly sure that 'dupondt' also no longer has this product installed, and has frequently, like myself, passed unfavourable comments as regards its outdated abilities.

In the early days of the SoundBridge, right up to (say) November 2007, Radio Roku Administrators were allowing stream URLs found by this Software to be auto-uploaded into the database . . . . and what a horrific mess that policy caused. And if there's only one good thing that I've done as a moderator then that was to get auto-uploading into the database stopped :wink:

As moderators for Radio Roku we look to get the playlist URLs (.asx, .m3u, .pls., .ram etc.) so that as stations change the streams that actually make up the URLs that we use, such stations will still of course continue to play. Snooper just does not deliver such streams.

The technical assumptions made by Roku staff that might have been correct some time ago, have nowadays been proven to be very much outdated, and totally unsuitable in the majority of cases for our purposes for use with Radio Roku. The vast majority of the streams within the stations of the database back at the start of 2008 no longer exist. Many stations had as many as 60 streams in them, when re-edited to get rid of much of the auto-uploaded clutter, this was usually brought down to merely 2, one being a playlist URL for MP3 streams, the other being for WMA streams.

My very good friend dupondt has repeatedly told me of all the URL submissions that he has had to reject and then himself have to go to find the appropriate playlist stream URLs necessary to use with the submitted station, the rejected streams have often exceeded 80% of submitted stations. He has certainly shown that he has far more patience and tolerance than I have towards both this situation and certain people at Roku.

jukeboxtango
Topic Author

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:41 am

so whats an easy programme for searching radio stations on the pc ?
and how do i transfer them to the soundbridge ?

alanmc

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:37 am

@ jukeboxtango

Are not the 12,300+ stations in http://www.radioroku.com/ sufficient choice for you ?

If not, use the Search function to view what to use in place of Snooper -
If, as and when you find stations that you feel you like you can either add them as a preset, or submit them to Radio Roku - see http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=15642 :wink: