Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

vincen11
Topic Author

WLS FM, WJR, WOOD, WVFN no longer connecting

Sat May 01, 2010 6:47 pm

Above stations no longer work on Soundbridge Radio. Radio snooper does not work on my computer. Any one have valid url's for these stations. Thanks a lot.

dupondt

Re: WLS FM, WJR, WOOD, WVFN no longer connecting

Sun May 02, 2010 4:17 am

vincen11 wrote:
Above stations no longer work on Soundbridge Radio. Radio snooper does not work on my computer. Any one have valid url's for these stations. Thanks a lot.

Bad news, I'm afraid. Like many (most? all?) Citadel stations WLS-FM, WJR-AM and WVFN-AM are now streamed by StreamTheWorld and use a flavour of AACplus that is not supported by the SoundBridge. Furthermore the streams are geo-locked to the USA so they won't even work from the stations' websites if accessed from outside of Barackistan :wink:

WOOD-FM and WOOD-AM are owned by Clear Channel. CC's streams not only are geo-locked to the USA but also notorious for being unreliable. At the moment I can't even get iheartradio.com (CC's internet radio website) to work, so there seems to be an issue on CC's end.

Greetings
dupondt
SoundBridge M1001 and M1000 • Clint L1 (retired) • DNT IP-dio (retired)
Google Chromecast • Amazon Fire TV • Amazon Echo and Echo Dot

vincen11
Topic Author

Sun May 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Thanks! Most of my listening was with these stations, so Soundbridge Radio by the bedside and office is of much less value to me now. Darn it!

bsdsan

Thu May 13, 2010 9:00 am

Solved, for now -- how to listen to Citadel AACplus on Soundbridge.

Re. this post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27979