Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Althelion
Topic Author

Soundbridge in My Network Places

Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:53 am

Love the product. But, for some rason, when I go into My Network places to try a new URL for internet radio, the Soundbridge icon does not appear. My unit is hooked up and working great. I've checked all my settings and everything is fine. The Soundbridge icon used to be there. What do I need to do?

Tomas

Re: Soundbridge in My Network Places

Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:58 pm

Althelion wrote:
I've checked all my settings and everything is fine.

What settings have you checked?

Assuming that you're running XP on the computer you need to have UPnP enabled on the PC. Also, you need to have "Network control" enabled on the SoundBridge (can be found in the "System Configuration" that is accessed from the top menu).

flaminghomer

Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:47 pm

I'm having the same problem...I've had an M1000 for about a month now and it works just fine, but I got the Soundbridge icon in My Network Places exactly once and never again. Weird that it only worked that one time.

It has a wireless connection to a Speedstream router. Using iTunes for my music server (if that matters). I've got UPnP enabled in Windows and Network Control enabled on the M1000.

I am able to get to the web control site by putting the IP address directly in my browser (IE 6.0 on XP Home), so I guess it's no big deal, but I'd like to find out what happened.

Thanks for any advice.
flaminghomer

stretch

Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:05 pm

i suspect it's a Microsoft thing. i have three UPnP devices on my network. On a really really good day all three will be listed under "My Network Places".
On a good day two of the three will be listed.
Most of the time only one of the three will be listed.

I've given up worrying about it as everything works and entering the IP address in Firefox always gives me access.