Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

jsonnentag
Topic Author

Changing order of "categories" in Direct Publisher

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:21 pm

I just needed to rearrange the categories in a Direct Publisher channel and I went through 5 browsers before I got to one that would actually work!

Firefox (56), SeaMonkey (2.48), Internet Explorer (11.674.15063.0/update version 11.0.47), and Edge (40.15063.674.0) DO NOT WORK!

Only Chrome worked.  At the very LEAST you need to put that information (that you MUST use Chrome) on the page.

What really needs to happen is to FIX it.  I'm pretty sure I used Firefox just fine before.

When you "hover over" the category and try to use the middle "button" at the top right corner the 4-way arrow indicator appears OK in the other browsers, but trying to drag the category to another location does absolutely nothing.

Pasnow

Re: Changing order of "categories" in Direct Publisher

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:09 am

It's meticulous, but seems to work for me in FF56.  Click the 3 lines (cheeseburger menu style item) in the top right corner of the Category. That should highlight the category pink. Then, just use your mouse anywhere in that Category to drag it up or down. Your mouse should be a hand, not a 4 arrow up/down/left/right display.

Baradanikto

Re: Changing order of "categories" in Direct Publisher

Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 pm

FYI...If you're using a JSON feed, and, let the feed specify the categories, you can re-order the categories in the file.  I've done this and it works.
Public Roku Channel: Rowing

Software for creating and managing MRSS and JSON feeds @ http://www.rokurowingchannel.com. No JSON or MRSS knowledge required.