Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Bigmike333

Re: Feed Issue, no videos showing up (Newbie)

Sun May 12, 2019 1:05 pm

I have also had a working, unpublished channel for more than a year. When I got this load error on a new channel I was working on, I decided to try the json file in my known, good, unpublished channel. Well, it broke the existing channel, and even if I reload the original json file before the test, I now get the loading error crash. Now, two unpublished Roku channels even using previously verified and working json files, are crippled.  Maybe they will get it fixed this week.

Mike

elivate
Topic Author

Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi Mike,

I just received this email from Roku support (copied and pasted as it is)... it is technically supporting your statement... it is a bug:

Hi Paul,

The new issue you are reporting is due to a bug that is affecting all Unpublished versions of channels. There is a team working to fix this issue. Look for the fix to come out soon and for the error to go away! Pleast note that may take a few more days for this issue to be fixed as they are still assessing the cause.

So it seems we have been trying to fix something that was not even broken in the first place... but it was a nice education for me... everyone did lend a hand and added to my technical know-how.

Thanks to all that contributed.  Sincerely appreciated.
Paul

luiznick

Tue May 14, 2019 1:38 pm

Baradanikto wrote:
Not sure that's accurate. I have an unpublished channel that I use to test my published channel and it works fine. There must be more factors involved than it being simply an unpublished channel.  Maybe it has something to do with the date a channel was submitted.

I received this same email 6 days ago, the unpublished channels that I have are working normally, but I can't test any new unpublished channels
Hi Luiz,

Thank you for reaching out to Partner Success. After looking into this issue, it appears that it may be due to a bug on our end that is affecting all Unpublished versions of Direct Publisher channels. I have created a bug ticket and hope to have the issue fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting the issue and look out for the fix soon. I will let you know if our engineering team has any questions for you or steps for you to take.

Thank you, 
Amanda

mkammes

Tue May 14, 2019 5:47 pm

I'll add to the choir:

I have the same issue.  Everything on the Roku "Manage Channel" is good, and feed checks out.  Preview function shows the thumbnail and accompanying metadata.

I even swapped out the parameters from a published channel and the same error occurred.

It appears the issue is not something that can be fixed at the user "developer" level, so I'm hopeful Roku will squash the bug.