Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Direct Publisher and RAF

I've gotten approval for using RAF recently.  Everything is in place and my channel is currently private.  When I watch videos, I typically only see the Roku stock ad for its device.  Is this because my channel is private?  And, are there any thoughts regarding allowing MRSS feed users to specify how often ads should run?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher and RAF

I too saw Roku ads early on. Although, I think I saw them when my site was more in developer mode. I think it took a couple days to eventually see real ads, myb someone needs to review it's content & approve certain ad lists and buyers. Just in case the subject matter is questionable.

Although, I'm not too sure about Private Channels, I would give it a couple days and see. I couldn't find much on the billing section thru the Dashboard.
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Pasnow is correct — Roku takes a few days to review your content subject matter appropriateness before "turning on" ads.

Traditionally, we won't serve ads on private channels.
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

So, I sent my W9 form back in, and received a response saying I'm enrolled. Yippee. I realize it's likely pennies on the dollar, but I'd like to be able to count and track these pennies. A few weeks in I sent an email to Roku's enrollment just double checking, and received lackluster response. I've now completed my first full month of having a channel on the RAF. 

Does anyone know the payout schedule?  I'd assume it's monthly, do you receive an email with numbers and payout, or do you just check your Paypal account? (Nothings in there yet).  Also, anyone have any experience as to if it takes a while or not? 
0 Kudos
RokuTomC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

"Pasnow" wrote:
Does anyone know the payout schedule?  I'd assume it's monthly, do you receive an email with numbers and payout, or do you just check your Paypal account? (Nothings in there yet).  Also, anyone have any experience as to if it takes a while or not? 

Roku can set up a report that will be emailed to you that will include daily impression activity for all of your channels.  In order to receive impression stats please email [email=publisheradservices@roku.com:2zfste4h]publisheradservices@roku.com[/email:2zfste4h]  with your name, list of all of the public advertising enabled channels you own, the email(s) to receive reporting and the frequency of reporting (daily, weekly or monthly).
We're actively working toward making this sort of ad reporting more readily available through the developer dashboard.
Developers are paid quarterly.
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Pasnow" wrote:

There is an ads agreement that was spelling out the % you get and how you get paid, no? From what i remember, quarterly - with a quarter in arrears - so expect to see money for the whole of Q1 at the end of Q2. The email reports you receive would not mention money - just number of impressions.
0 Kudos