Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
musictv
Visitor

Unknown Error - Loading JSON feed

Hi, 

I'm attempting to load a feed into the Direct Publisher 'Feed URL' tool. The feed seems to be properly constructed, and it's readable via desktop browser (JSON Feed). When I load the URL into the quick channel builder, I get an error:

The feed URL(s) could not be validated.
  • There was a transport-level error - (Unknown ERROR).
    What could cause this?
  • 0 Kudos
    4 REPLIES 4
    RokuTomC
    Community Moderator
    Community Moderator

Re: Unknown Error - Loading JSON feed

The schema you're following doesn't seem to accord to our feed specifications. In particular, you do not need to create a movie object at the beginning of every content object. 

Try revising that and see if it fixes any errors. This should be an unrelated issue though...
    0 Kudos
    musictv
    Visitor

"RokuTomC" wrote:
    The schema you're following doesn't seem to accord to our feed specifications. In particular, you do not need to create a movie object at the beginning of every content object. 

Try revising that and see if it fixes any errors. This should be an unrelated issue though...

Hi Tom, 
    Thanks, this was helpful and we're well on our way. We've got the feed to ingest our library properly, our images are rendering on screen, as are our long and short descriptions. We're almost over the hump. In your experience, just looking at the one thing that's confusing to us right now, what would cause the playback to behave differently than expected? Our video ad is playing preroll beautifully, and when our videos start, we're looking at video that's playing at a fast forward pace, on mute, and frequent buffering. We're using these same files, from the same source for our other access points (other devices) so I think it's safe to assume that it's not the files or our dedicated streaming servers. 
    Thanks in advance. 
    0 Kudos
    37mediagroup
    Roku Guru

Just a thought did you include the code to declare the video type? I don't think Duration would affect it but is it in milliseconds? 

"url": "https://video.com/123",
        "quality": "HD",
        "videotype": "mp4"
    0 Kudos
    stubbstarbuck
    Binge Watcher

videotype should be camelCase, videoType.
    0 Kudos