Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
incsays
Visitor

Roku Audience Network Question

We currently have a dozen public channels running on the SDK model. We have our first direct publisher channel ready to submit but are running into a stumbling block. We got enrolled into Roku Audience Network. Was to that it is installed on the channel and everything is ready to go. We have our pre and midroll breaks timed in, but when I asked how many ads would play per break we were told that only 1 ad would run per break. That makes no sense at all for us or Roku financially. Is anyone else running into this? There has to be another way.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Audience Network Question

I wasn't aware of the 1 ad limit?  Could be, my channels short form & preroll only but I do see only 1 ad.. .

If so the only alternative would be to use a 3rd party ad server. Others may provide feedback as to the number of ads.
0 Kudos
incsays
Visitor

I could see that on short form, but our content is feature length films
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Yeah, I thought I've watched channels which seem to look like they're on the RAF and seen more than 1 ad, but myb they were using 3rd party or only used the same video host as me. Dunno. 
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

@insays -
what if you bunch multiple mid-rolls together, won't that result in a single break with multiple ads?
I.e. if the feed specifies multiple breaks a second apart...
I imagine that would be suboptimal, e.g. i imagine "Ad 1 of 1" showing on top regardless which #ad is playing but still.
0 Kudos