Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

Direct Publisher suggestions

These are my suggestions for a better DP:

1- Subcategories: Most of the time categories are not enough for organizing content.
2- Supporting Live streams
3- Supporting Audio streams and podcast
4- Search: Adding a search button to channel.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
jsonnentag
Streaming Star

Re: Direct Publisher suggestions

The ability to have simple MP3 files in a feed play would be VERY nice.  I wonder how long it will take to get that working. . . . :?
mosafer
Roku Guru

You may noticed that ROKU Channel and Direct Publisher using the same software.
Today I checked the ROKU Channel and found the Matrix trilogy in a subcategory. I'm wondering our Jason feed and DP system has this capability and it's not published in feed spec!!
Again It would be very useful if we have subcategory in DP.
0 Kudos
mitchstein
Roku Guru

it would also be nice to be able to have more videos in each category and a lot more categories available.
As well as a push notification that simply would send the video id to a webpage on the host server to keep track of videos being watched in real time..
http://www.TVByDemand.com
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Mosafer...

I took a look at the Roku channel. I think what you're seeing is a series with multiple (3) episodes. That capability is available in the current spec. What isn't available is the way they format the episodes into a horizontal layout. The default layout for episodes appears to be vertical.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

You may be right. But there is no Series name or episode number and horizontal layout so I think it is a kind of subcategory in movies.
If you look at the movies in feed spec in content section it says:
One or more video files. For non-adaptive streams, you can specify the same video with different qualities so the Roku player can choose the best one based on bandwidth.

We may add more video files! Also we may add more different quality too. I have to try add more video to a same content and see what's going on there.
0 Kudos