Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crbolen6201
Visitor

Just getting started - HELP!

I honestly have no clue where to start.  I'm not a whiz on coding and have no clue where to even begin with a JSON feed.  My church currently uploads our videos to Vimeo but eventually we would also like to possibly have a live video option from Roku.  I've created a channel within Roku and I can somewhat see it on my paired device but I'm not sure where to go to get my videos uploaded to it.  Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Just getting started - HELP!

You can host your own with any web hosting provider.  If you choose not to self-host, then Vimeo Pro works.  I used Archive.org for all of my content.  The benefit of using Vimeo Pro is adaptive bitrates.
0 Kudos
crbolen6201
Visitor

I guess I'm just lost on how to get the Vimeo Pro videos to Roku.  It says I need a FEED URL but not sure where to obtain that through Vimeo.  Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Click on your Video, then click "Settings". From there's you'll see a list of Basic, Privacy, Collections, Embed etc... click on Video File, and the links will be at the bottom. They should appear something like:

https://player.vimeo.com/external/21345 ... ile_id=164

I think on the backend the shorter url (ie vimeo.com/1234567) just redirects to the hard url, which is why vimeo & YT won't work well with Roku. That's what I heard at least.
0 Kudos
donp88
Channel Surfer

Your Direct Publisher feed needs to be in an MRSS or JSON format.  You can learn more about both specific feed formats at this link: https://github.com/rokudev/feed-specifications
0 Kudos