Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Lifegenius

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 pm

[hiquote="chucka84"]I have my channel running now. I gave up trying to make it work on my justhost domain and I got a new domain through the super cheap option on dreamhost and it works fine there.[/quote]

Sweet thanks a lot man! I think I might just try that too since I couldn't get it to work on Google compute either. I've gotten pretty quick at updating it manually through atom find and replace but it's still pretty tedious. Out of curiosity, are you using Roku partner monetization or did you go with a 3rd party? I'm with Roku and despite getting my app approved for monetization I'm now being told I need to reach 50,000 streaming hours per month before they'll start serving ads. Pretty ridiculous considering the cost to host and acquire content. I'm not sure whether this is turning out to be a waste of time or not. My app is getting several thousand installs and people are using it, but I'm no where near 50k...

chucka84

Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:54 am

Lifegenius wrote:
[hiquote="chucka84"]I have my channel running now.  I gave up trying to make it work on my justhost domain and I got a new domain through the super cheap option on dreamhost and it works fine there.

Sweet thanks a lot man! I think I might just try that too since I couldn't get it to work on Google compute either. I've gotten pretty quick at updating it manually through atom find and replace but it's still pretty tedious.  Out of curiosity, are you using Roku partner monetization or did you go with a 3rd party? I'm with Roku and despite getting my app approved for monetization I'm now being told I need to reach 50,000 streaming hours per month before they'll start serving ads. Pretty ridiculous considering the cost to host and acquire content. I'm not sure whether this is turning out to be a waste of time or not. My app is getting several thousand installs and people are using it, but I'm no where near 50k...[/quote]

I am not doing any monetization at this time but man 50k streaming hours is a ton.

podworx

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:25 pm

Using Wordpress, how would one go about taking an existing video podcast feed and automatically using it to populate a roku category?  The RSS feed already has all the info needed. . .just need to figure out how to push it to Roku in a manner that works.