Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deturner99
Visitor

HLS Feed URL not accepted

Hello, new to the platform, trying to setup Feed URL.  I get the following error:

The server returned an unsupported content type. Was expecting 'application/rss+xml', 'text/xml', 'application/xml' or 'application/json' but received 'application/vnd.apple.mpegurl'.

Anyone have advice?  I don't see any mention in documentation.  Stream URL works everywhere, but not accepted by Direct Publisher.  Hope I can get some advice and get using Roku Platform.

cheers,

Dave
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: HLS Feed URL not accepted

Does your feed file end in .json or .xml?  
0 Kudos
stubbstarbuck
Binge Watcher

Re: HLS Feed URL not accepted

"deturner99" wrote:
Hello, new to the platform, trying to setup Feed URL.  I get the following error:

The server returned an unsupported content type. Was expecting 'application/rss+xml', 'text/xml', 'application/xml' or 'application/json' but received 'application/vnd.apple.mpegurl'.

I ran into this. You need to change your content type to application/json. When you upload your feed file to a server, it will sometimes change to a binary filetype.
We serve our feed on Github pages, which makes it publicly available. That allows us to keep version control as well, in case we accidentally break the file with an extra bracket somewhere.
0 Kudos