Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mosafer
Roku Guru

Direct Publisher Monetization Problems

I monetize my DP channel for more than 3 months and I'm not happy with the statistic, technical support and the total procedure at all. This topic has been opened to share our experience.

Am I the only person that has these problems?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
mosafer
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher Monetization Problems

Is there anybody with monetized Direct Publisher channel here?
0 Kudos

Sorry, I am waiting for the channel subscription model to be released in either Q3 or Q4.
0 Kudos
mhalabi3
Visitor

hmm... so Direct Publisher Channels cannot use Subscription for the time being? I am trying to monitize as subscription but there is no option others than the ads?

Thanks
0 Kudos

Correct, right now the only monetization option is their ad network.
0 Kudos
mhalabi3
Visitor

I am getting 200 installs a day... and zero $ from monetization!
I guess better use SDK and subscription fee for install...
0 Kudos
mhalabi3
Visitor

is subscription or one time purchase monetizing still not available for Direct Publisher? I do not know why it is taking all this time to add it? or am i missing something?
0 Kudos
newchannel
Roku Guru

I also need to convert my subscription channels from SDK to DP. I don't have the time to learn SceneGraph but I may have to find the time if they don't add the subscription option soon. 

😞
http://www.victoryNOWfilmsandtv.com
0 Kudos
SolveLLC
Visitor

"mhalabi3" wrote:
I am getting 200 installs a day... and zero $ from monetization!
I guess better use SDK and subscription fee for install...

Well, in our experience, your 200 ad supported installs a day will turn into a couple  of subscription installs a day.......maybe.  Even when there wasn't so many channel options, getting even a small amount of money out of people was impossible.  You'd be better off writing your own software and learning CTV adops if your serious about the business.
0 Kudos
JRBarons
Visitor

If any of you need any help monetizing on your DP channels let me know. Happy to help. 
0 Kudos