Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stubbstarbuck
Binge Watcher

Titles Over Video

I swear I saw a setting for this at some point, but it's possible it was removed. Where in Direct Publisher is the setting for putting the video title on top of the thumbnail?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Titles Over Video

I have never been able to get this to work, nor have I seen an option for it.

It definitely shows in the their announcement images for Direct Publisher: http://newsroom.roku.com/press-release/company-usa/roku-introduces-direct-publisher
Specifically the FailArmy and Mashable channel images.
0 Kudos
stubbstarbuck
Binge Watcher

The Rolling Stone channel has it, and that thing looks like it is right out of Direct Publisher. I thought it was in Layout in the Channel settings, but all that is there now is the Hero row option.

I'll reply here if I figure it out.
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Customize your categories and you will find the option.
[img=398x420]https://image.ibb.co/fcQmx5/Untitled.jpg[/img]
0 Kudos

I know the option is there but does it actually work?
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

I just tested on my test channel and it is working perfectly.
0 Kudos

Does it work on each individual video or just the categories?
0 Kudos
mosafer
Roku Guru

Each individual video. 
0 Kudos
stubbstarbuck
Binge Watcher

Ah. Got it. I knew I saw it somewhere. So you can't pull your categories from the feed, you have to use the online customization. Wish they had a switch in the DP feed.
0 Kudos
stubbstarbuck
Binge Watcher

I was able to get this working well by setting the categories in the feed and using the custom categories option. If you've already created them from the feed, it seems to take those.

Seems like a switch in the feed would work as well - not sure why they have this as a ui component.
0 Kudos